Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Restaurant

Options
  • 23-11-2008 11:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm thinking of headin out for a feast in some restaurant in town. Can ye all suggest which restaurant ye think is the nicest in the city and if know of a savage dish, throw it in so I can have an idea of the type of food I will be getting. Please no chinese's. I only eat chinese for takeout or lunch. something really really nice. don't care about price.

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

You should try one of the two new restaurants that opened recently:

The Cornstore Thomas St
    Brasserie One on Pery Sq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The Market Square does very very good food. It's expensive enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

hamptons on henry street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

cooperguy wrote: »
    The Market Square does very very good food. It's expensive enough though
    Market square brasserie is it? I was there a few weeks ago and was very very dissapointed. they didn't half of the stuff on the menu, took forever and the food was ok. i got this chicken thing that was lovely but I tasted my GF's pasta and it tasted completely gone off. she was not well after it at all.

You should try one of the two new restaurants that opened recently:

The Cornstore Thomas St
    Brasserie One on Pery Sq
    The Cornstore Thomas St could be good actualy. I was thinking of going there but wanted to see if anyone had been yet!

• Advertisement

foinse wrote: »
    hamptons on henry street.
    I'm going to hampdons with work for christmas party so I'll leave that for then i'd say. I hear its great though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

TheLoc wrote: »
    Market square brasserie is it? I was there a few weeks ago and was very very dissapointed. they didn't half of the stuff on the menu, took forever and the food was ok. i got this chicken thing that was lovely but I tasted my GF's pasta and it tasted completely gone off. she was not well after it at all.
    surprised to hear that, have NEVER heard a bad review of th place before. Love it
    I'm going to hampdons with work for christmas party so I'll leave that for then i'd say. I hear its great though
    its owned by the market square ;)

zuroph wrote: »
    surprised to hear that, have NEVER heard a bad review of th place before. Love it

its owned by the market square ;)
    yea probably. I'm assuming different chefs tho obviously. The manager did come over and apologies. He gave us a few shots of sambuca with our deserts which was nice of him. The staff were all nice too. its just the starters were brutal. My main course was good but my GFs was discusting. they just didn't have half the stuff that we ordered which were on the menu. For a restaurant, thats very bad i'm affraid. Texas steak out is by far better for food. But I don't want to go there again. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I have heard MSB has gone down hill alright. I think they try and fit as many people in as possible and it aint the biggest dining area.

Penz in Raheen is very good, all the people I have recommended it to loved it.

Try it out Loc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Azur on O Connell st has been excellent everytime I've been there. I've heard good reports about The French Table on Steamboat Quay also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I was there on Saturday night ,food was nice friendly staff, 2 starters 2 main and 2 desserts with a nice bottle of wine €149 .
    The Cornstore Thomas St could be good actualy. I was thinking of going there but wanted to see if anyone had been yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Was at the Hamptons on Friday, absolutely great food, and good prices too.

One place I was recently which really surprised me by how good it was was the Bruchetta Bar, off Henry St. You'd think it's just a run-of-the-mill place but it's actually really, really, good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Amazo stupid question time but whats the menu in the bruschetta bar is it more than just bruchetta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

sioda wrote: »
    Amazo stupid question time but whats the menu in the bruschetta bar is it more than just bruchetta

Full menu available on their website

here you go, do take away pizza too!

http://www.bruschettabar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

Aidric wrote: »
    Azur on O Connell st has been excellent everytime I've been there. I've heard good reports about The French Table on Steamboat Quay also.

Was in Azur recently and wasn't really impressed with it,went to the French Table the following week which was fantastic would really recommend it,staff very nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Thanks amazo looks good must give it a try
    Full menu available on their website

here you go, do take away pizza too!

http://www.bruschettabar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

One place I was recently which really surprised me by how good it was was the Bruchetta Bar, off Henry St. You'd think it's just a run-of-the-mill place but it's actually really, really, good.

Their pizzas are stoned baked too. :D

yum

I've heard Azur is very nice. Ended up going out to penz in raheen. Was good. everything was good. The only bad thing i'd say is that I got Pan seared chicken with sour cream & chive as a filling. that was horrible but I just left the filling aside. but the rest was nice.

Their pizzas are stoned baked too. :D

yum
    I didn't like bruschetta bar to be honest. it's like a supermarket with people hitting off u every 2 minutes. and it took forever for food that wasn't really that good. Should have got a pizza. maybe next time

BrendanD wrote: »
    I was there on Saturday night ,food was nice friendly staff, 2 starters 2 main and 2 desserts with a nice bottle of wine €149 .
    Thanks,
    Might go thee next week so.

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Don't get the pasta dishes. they're huge and taste a bit sickening after a few mouth fulls. I wasn't best impressed. esspecially when pasta is so easy to make. was rotten. get the pizza, i'd say its your safest bet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Jeez is not possible for you to multiquote?

sorry. never bothered looking into it.... nerd boys

Advertisement