Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great cork story about pigeons, need more

Options
  • 23-11-2008 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I heard a great story years ago about racing pigeons in Cork. I was told it was by a man called Paddy Commerford and that he had loads more of them. I have told this story on many social occasions and it always got a great reception. I would love to get more of them as the man was a comedy genius. Hope some rebel can help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

It's a shame you missed a show in the Everyman a few weeks ago - where the likes of Paddy Commerford performed. Anyway the show was promoting a new book by Declan Hassett called MAKE 'EM LAUGH! A Golden Age of Theatre. (A really good read and a trip down memory lane for most).

It's on sale at the Everyman Palace - www.everymanpalace.com (look under the heading "publishing" and you'll find details of the book).

Happy Reading. J

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Banker

I heard a great story years ago about racing pigeons in Cork. I was told it was by a man called Paddy Commerford and that he had loads more of them. I have told this story on many social occasions and it always got a great reception. I would love to get more of them as the man was a comedy genius. Hope some rebel can help me.

Paddy Comerford told one of the pigeon stories on The Late Late Show Cork special in 1983.
    I have it on DVD and it was a great show with Billa, Joe Lynch and Niall Tobin.

Advertisement