Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jodi Picoult

Options
  • 23-11-2008 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Any Jodi picoult fans here? I absolutly love her! Nineteen minutes is my favourite although i thought My Sisters keeper was good but over-rated. There all pretty much the same based on moral dilemas and a courtroom trial but i still have yet to find one i havnt enjoyed!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Definitely not a fan.

Personally I found My Sister's Keeper to be a painful read. The ending was a complete cop out.

I don't like her writing style at all. She's popular among the library users though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

At the insistance (and pecking:rolleyes:) of my mother, I read nineteen minutes.

And, actually thought that it was good.

The only way I could be more surprised is if I read Cecilia Ahearn's books and enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

Absolutely love her books! love the way they are all moral delimmas or controversial issues, better than the usual 'does he love me or not' chick lit books! Only book of hers that i didn't like was Vanishing Acts which she must have written on a really bad set of days!! pure dire!! It wont affect be being a fan tho! Just read Humpback Whale and its another really good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

I am sorry and I totally respect those of you who are fans of her but I am really struggling through "mercy" and I just find it seems to go on and on and round and round. there is nothing happening. Even though my daughter is a fan I dont think I will be reading any more of her books. let me have Dean Koontz, Jeffery Archer or Harlan Coben any day of the week!!

Advertisement