Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Wireless Adapter

• 23-11-2008 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know where the cheapest place to buy a Xbox 360 wireless adapter is? Either online or BnM shop....

Thanks .. Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw in the GameStop Christmas guide (free magazines in store) that they're selling them for €69.99 and it comes with 3 months XBL gold subscription.

I don't normally recommend GameStop, but that's the cheapest I've seen them. Not sure what other shops are charging (last time I checked, HMV charge closer to €100), so maybe they all include the 3 months and are about the same price now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Consider an access point as well, cheaper and have more uses than just the 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have that exact model sitting in its box. I replaced it with a wireless router a while back. It still works perfectly. Didnt think I could use that!

Is it easy to set up with the Xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I saw in the GameStop Christmas guide (free magazines in store) that they're selling them for €69.99 and it comes with 3 months XBL gold subscription.

I don't normally recommend GameStop, but that's the cheapest I've seen them. Not sure what other shops are charging (last time I checked, HMV charge closer to €100), so maybe they all include the 3 months and are about the same price now.

Thats actually quite good for a shop. I think their RRP is 80e(A complete rip off i know) so 70e with the Live Sub(Usually 20e) is ok. I wonder what they are pre-owned. I'm changing my 360 to another room in the house so i need one of these...

As for an access point, for about 45e delivered, i wouldnt mind paying the extra 25e for the proper thing if you get the Live subscription free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I didn't think you could use an access point with the 360?

• Advertisement

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Thats actually quite good for a shop. I think their RRP is 80e(A complete rip off i know) so 70e with the Live Sub(Usually 20e) is ok. I wonder what they are pre-owned. I'm changing my 360 to another room in the house so i need one of these...

Got this there yesterday. Lad at the counter didnt have a clue what i was on about when i mentioned the 3 months Free subscription. Luckily, one of their promotional books was sitting on the counter so i could point out the offer to him. Did it for me no bother then:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Does anyone know if this offer is still running? If not, anywhere else that's good to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,263 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Got mine in game a couple of months ago for €45 with anything in store (FIFA 07 for ps2 €1.50) doubt they still do this offer though.

eBay might be a good bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anybody have any other ideas about where to buy online (other than ebay...)
    gamestracker isn't much help:(
    B&M stores in the UK are an option for me as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.mx2.co.uk/default.asp?part=X360108
    or Play-Asia are probably your best bet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Thanks very much.

DingDong wrote: »

40€ delivered LOL! Thats what they should be RRP'ing at. At 80e, MS would be making a fair bit of profit considering it is just a wireless adapter, and wireless adapters for pc's can be got for 10€ online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Thanks guys. The one on DE is not only out of stock, but also a used product, and would still take up to a month to arrive if they did have it in stock...
    Play-asia prices are before delivery, could take a couple of weeks and were about the same as play.com anyway

Ended up going with MX2, at least with them I should have it this week...

Found it so bloody hard to bring myself to hand over 50+ notes for such a basic bit of kit:(

Advertisement