Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in getting a jam band together?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I don't particularly want to set up a band with any goals in mind but i would love to get a few musicians together for regular jamming just for fun and practice more than anything else. I think that side to things gets lost sometimes. Maybe do more with it in time but for now just to have a laugh with it.

I am based in the Sandyford and i play guitar. I have influences from all over the place but i have a soft spot for rock/metal. So if anyone would like to get in contact and talk about getting something going that would be great. Even if it was just myself, a bass player and a drummer to jam out stuff off the top of our heads i'd love to get something like that going

EDIT : Any drummers or bass players interested??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Paulbronco

Hi there,

wouldn't mind getting together just to practice , I'm from the southside myself what part are from?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Bedroom guitarist here with no balls/talent to play in public. I wouldn't mind going along to the odd jam session as long as nobody looks me in the eye, turns my amp up past 1 or asks me to solo. :D

Based in Dublin 15 but can travel. Influences: Blues, Rory Gallagher, Thin Lizzy and some metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Hey, i'm a guitarist (can play a bit of bass too)...
    Though i'm still pretty crap. I'm learning and i did hear jamming with other musicians is the best way to improve your musical abilities.

Well, i'm into a really wide range of music from NIN, Tool, Thrice, to more "metal" bands like Meshuggah, Textures, though lately i've been mostly into the likes of David Bowie and a lot of folk/roots/Blues music like Jack Johnson, The Beautiful Girls, Josh Ritter, Rory Gallagher, John Lee Hooker and such.

I live in Lucan but spend most of my time in the city centre as I go to college there so wouldn't mind traveling.

I'ld definitely like to get together with a few more musicians for a good jam and such. Nothing serious, just have a good chill time making good and bad music!
    So yeah, hit back if ye'ld like to go ahead with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mongo_Solo1984

lead guitarist here. Have a good few gigs under my belt and playin 8 years. used to sing and play in another band for a while but always loved playing lead. have alot of influences in terms of guitar from Slash to Rory Gallagher.
    Love alot of the blues artists. try to be ecclectic as possible. give me a shout if ur lookin for a jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Cmc29

Any drummers or bass player out there interested at all? Let me know. Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭GazPat

Another Guitarist here, deansgrange area, I started a thread a while ago looking for the same thing..

I would be interested if you don't have too many guitarists already.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I would be up for this as I'd love to play with other people in a relaxed atmosphere. Maybe agree on a few covers to learn in advance and go from there.

I'm a guitarist but I have some (not great) bass gear that I could use.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Anything come of this? I'm a guitar player myself. Blues rock being the main influences (from Clapton to Beatles to Smashing Pumpkins). Been meaning to join something like this for a while but never got around to it. Bit of a bedroom guitarist myself, just played a few open sessions and that.

Advertisement