Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help, history reserch topic

Options
  • 24-11-2008 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey I'm in sixth year and I have to change my reserch topic just now, but I have no clue what to do. Any one got any ideas? I love anything to do with Japan, and I love anything involving spies^^
    please help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Japanese spies perhaps?

Or did they even exist?

Sounds like the perfect project if they did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Maybe nothing to do with spies but what about Pearl Harbour or the 1945Hiroshima atomic bomb. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Breaking of japan's seclusion/isolation by the US in 1853?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

do hitler's operation green

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If I were you, I'd focus on getting the thing done rather than finding something interesting. In fifth year I tried to do something I was interested in and it was much harder. This year my new teacher advised us to go to the library with an open mind and find the easiest book to do a topic on. Maybe if you're stuck give that a go, a biography is definitely the simplest way to go IMO.

Although if you are lucky enough to find a topic on Japan that there's a lot of reference material for, is fairly easy and relevant to the course do it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Breaking of japan's seclusion/isolation by the US in 1853?

Doesn't it have to be from 1900 onwards? That's what it was when I done my part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Ninjas... Seriously though, wasnt there like a japanese mafia? Or am i making that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I think you're thinking of the Yakuza?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Doesn't it have to be from 1900 onwards? That's what it was when I done my part of it.

nope it was changed way more broader now

Advertisement