Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry as tethered modem

• 24-11-2008 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have the Blackberry Curve 8300 with Vodafone and would like to use this as a tethered modem to connect my laptop to the Internet when away from home. This I know can be done but no one at Vodafone are clear how to do it. Any advice anyone ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

aovc wrote: »
    I have the Blackberry Curve 8300 with Vodafone and would like to use this as a tethered modem to connect my laptop to the Internet when away from home. This I know can be done but no one at Vodafone are clear how to do it. Any advice anyone ?

Vodafone's data support team should know, as they've been supporting that particular feature on Blackberry handsets for the past 2 years. If you get nowhere though, you could look here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,422 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

blackberry's dont do 3g ( i think apart from the bold) so you'd only get dial up speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

blackberry's dont do 3g ( i think apart from the bold) so you'd only get dial up speed.
    New Storm is 3g so perhaps another option for you!

Advertisement