Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone blocking Port 25

Options
  • 24-11-2008 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have Broadband on my landline with Vodafone. I have around 6 POP3 email accounts I use in Outlook and the emails come in fine but I cannot reply to them as I first have to change it so the from box shows my vodafone email address which I never use.

I have been told this is caused by Vodafone blocking Port 25 and there is an easy way round it so I can use my separate POP 3 emails to both send and receive and the recipients sees then my real POp3 email address and not the vodafone one.

Any ideas anyone ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Are the 6 pop accounts with your previous ISP?
    You can use gmail's outgoing smtp server if you change the settings in the gmail account to show that e-mail comes from you@youre-mail.com, it'll do the job for what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

ISPs don't allow unauthenticated access to port 25 so as to prevent spam being sent from their mail server, Cabaal has given you a work around for the problem above. GMail instructions can be found here:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en_GB&ctx=mail&answer=12103

MC

Advertisement