Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What guitar is this?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

It's a long time since once of us Bee's played a guitar but now a junior Bee is looking for a decent accoustic guitar (with a pickup!) for Christmas

Can anyone tell me what this guitar (Irish made) the dude in here is playing and where it might be bought?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E65GNd_gBVE

It has a pickup and interestingly the sensitivity or volume control appears to be within the sound box built ina semi circular fashion

Mucho Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

It's an Ovation of some sort. A right handed one strung for left handed playing.

www.ovationguitars.com

They sound ok plugged in but not so good unplugged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

It's an Ovation of some sort. A right handed one strung for left handed playing.

www.ovationguitars.com

They sound ok plugged in but not so good unplugged.

Thanks for replying

I don't think it's an Ovation.

Check out the Keys they are parallel unlike the Keys on the Ovation's that are offset to one another

I have reason to believe that it is an Irish built guitar

Any ideas anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E65GNd_gBVE

Thanks again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It's strung normally as a right handed guitar but he's playing with his left (sometimes I wish i'd just learned it that way!). Looks like ovation or ovation copy to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Lollerskater

Ah! I should know this one! I played it, this was at the Music Show.

Sorry, can't remember...

Advertisement