Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance Claim?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My mother recently noticed woodworm in her attic, very bad case actually, was wondering, is this something she could claim from her House Insurance????:cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Impossible to tell- it depends entirely on whats in the policy. You can insure against damage from woodworm/mould etc- however they are not necessarily standard to most regular household policies.

Its a case of dig out the policy and read the fine detail. If still unsure- contact a broker and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lockyjpl

Thanks Smc, will check it out but something tells me shes not covered:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

It's so difficult to get money from insurance companies, I reckon you are not covered.
    If you know an assessor (or know someone who does), they will give you an idea very quickly.
    No point flogging a dead horse.

Advertisement