Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice: New PC Build + Backup Solution for Old Pc

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'd really appreciate your advice. I'm looking to replace a 7yr old Fuji-Siemens P4 Xp machine. I used to be into comps a few years ago coding and so on but i've been out of the game for a while now so i don't know whats good and what's not. With that in mind i'd also like to avail of a vendor that can build the pc for me since i don't have a lot of time for testing and so on.

Requirements:

2 Monitors (Dual Monitor Setup)

Web: *****
    Office: *****
    Movie Playback: **
    Image/Movie Editing: **
    Gaming: **

The bugdet is 8-1000.

I'm also wondering with the favourable exchange rate at the moment would it be worthwhile going with an english vendor?

I was also thinking of getting an external HD to backup the old PC and for future backups. Its only a 40gb hd.

Thanks in Advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

There are companys you can use like www.scan.co.uk but they aint too cheap. www.hardwareversand.de is another option, but you either get great service, or crap service - no middle ground. Personally i would go with dell, you really cant fault their prices atm or their 3yr warrenty !

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Yeah, but isn't their business goin down the tubes these days along with their customer service.

Any recommendation for external?

Would you guys recommend a komplett build??

Thanks

I dunno, i always use dell and never have any issues. Also, komplett no longer build Pc's Check the komplett forum under Biz for clarification.

Oh right yeah thanks.

The brother bought a comp off the last year and had awful trouble with them. First of all they didn't have the computer in stock and second they left him hangin for about a month and half. Really bad form.......cos they kept him hangin by sayin we'll have a shipment in next week, next week.

Suppose there XPS stuff looks alright.

All i need after that is a couple of cheap monitors. I'll check out
    Dabs
    komplett
    hardwareversand

Any other good places for monitors?

elara.ie, you might find some good deals there.

• Advertisement

They ring a bell.

Thank Manties

Advertisement