Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed V Alcohol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Weed.

I don't do stupid stuff I regret when I'm stoned.

Both have their times though.

Alcohol for a saturday night obviously, weed for the sunday afternoon/evening with a box set of some television series and lots of food, magic.

The only drawback I get from weed is the feeling that I'm going to swallow my tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

...as Fat Freddy of the Freak Brothers once said...smoking pot and drinking beer is like p*ssing into the wind.*

(Disclaimer - non-taxable drugs are illegal, m'kay?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Well I think it's time this whole alcohol weed thing was settled once and for all. And this thread is the place for it to happen.

If we really crack at it lads and make some really good points I think we'll have some definite answers by lunch time.

(Or we could just bicker back and forth based on personal experience anecdotal evidence and contradictory research reports and the inevitable links to Bill Hicks on Youtube :rolleyes:)

its weed then alcohol then pizza
    too much or the wrong order will make you sick / sleepy / an idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

...as Fat Freddy of the Freak Brothers once said...smoking pot and drinking beer is like p*ssing into the wind.*

(Disclaimer - non-taxable drugs are illegal, m'kay?)

if he wasn't a stoner and a cartoon and a stupid fool i would have to agree with you

couple of beers are lovley after a joint (allegedlly)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I only drink when I'm horny tbh. Which is really f*cking often. Weed hands down for recreation.

I've actually decided to take a few weeks off drugs and booze (after a horrific comedown at the weekend). No cigarettes or more than one caffeinated drink a day either. My birthday is in a few weeks and I'll have to have a few drinks then. But if it's rewarding then I might make weed my only indulgence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Kold wrote: »
    I only drink when I'm horny tbh

....the last thing I want to be when horny is honest! Honest!

I don't mind a small dip into my satchel for a handful of leaves from time to time. Much prefer the beer though! T'is a shame they don't sell Dutch Gold in prison!!! *Sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

Weed/hash for me, hands down winner. Ive been off the gargle for about 7 years now.Once I hit 25 I was just getting worse and worse hangovers from drinking, I could'nt hold down water the next day! I think I just got bored with drinking really, and all the madness and badness that went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm an adult, so I know that alcohol is better.

Also, linking to a Bill Hicks video to support your arguement for weed is akin to linking to a Father Jack clip to support alcohol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Alcohol for me, not into weed at all, and alcohol is a legal drug :D

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

[WoW] wrote: »
    have never smoked it to be honest but think weed is worse than alcohol (although comparing the two is pointless) because nicotine is a lot more addictive than alcohol, and as nicotine is smoked with weed people have a higher chance of becoming addicted to tobacco. no? :confused: i think the majority of posters know a lot more nicotine addicts than alcoholics? and yes i know tobacco and weed are not the same thing.:(
    I agree wholeheartedly - I am a weed smoker, but don't and never have smoked tobacco, made a point of only using pipes or bongs or vapos down the years thanks to the sheer volume of my friends who became addicted to cigarettes from smoking joints. Sure I can't smoke a jay that's passed to me, but I can get my own sh*t so that's no problem to me. All people need is to start and stay on bowlies. problem solved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

weed vs alcahol..

well both are bad for you.:eek: i drink,
    drunk people annoy me
    stoned people annoy me

weed industry vs alcahol industry...
    the drinks industry generates tax revenue which can be put to good use.,
    it provides thousands of good jobs for good people, in retail and production and is a market for irish wheat hops and milk(baileys).
    its also an important export market, and its important for any economy to export!!

the weed industry provides jobs for drug dealers(small and large), who are not good people. it's largely imported, taking money out of our economy.
    the people at the top of this industry are the same people who murdered shane gagen two weeks ago, and continue to be a menace to society.

of course if weed was legal, there would be a more level playing feild.
    but i dont support the legalisation of the stuff other than for medicinal purposes.

so alcahol has my vote.

also in my experience alcahol (not in excess) tends to make people more sociable and friendly.
    weed tends to make people more relaxed and "dopey" !!

a friend of mine had just smoked a spliff and started a converstaion with me (i was drinking), so while talking i was explaining something to him..
    he stopped me half way through saying, "whoa whoa,,, sorry, your'e going to have to say that again, i've no i'dea what you said for the last 60 seconds" dope indeed!:D

also the only time anyone has punched me was an unprovoked attack was in a mens room by someone smoking a joint (pre smoking ban).

c-note wrote: »
    also the only time anyone has punched me was an unprovoked attack was in a mens room by someone smoking a joint (pre smoking ban).

Ah, weed rage. I know it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Can we assume this was the mens room in a pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

a hotel actually
    but yes a pub will do
    edit: and no i cant attest that he hadnt been drinking aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

hmmmm

Yeah Well it can't have been the weed. There's no way it was weed. He must have been drunk and was just starting to smoke a joint.

WEED DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANGRY.

RAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Terry wrote: »
    I'm an adult, so I know that alcohol is better.

Also, linking to a Bill Hicks video to support your arguement for weed is akin to linking to a Father Jack clip to support alcohol.

I agree with you in spirit, people should rely on their own arguments. However in the posters defense, in that comedic video he makes a few specific comparisons between weed and alcohol, which is entirely relevant to this thread. Jack on the other hand would have just said "drink, girls" etc and made no valid comparisons or anything that could be considered relevant to the thread.. so I think your comparison is a little off, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I don't care really, if both were extinct tomorrow I'd say **** it.

weed is ok, don't smoke often at all, once in a blue moon I'd have a few tokes.

Drink most weekends, actually every weekend other than a five week break I had after Prague...

Yeah Well it can't have been the weed. There's no way it was weed. He must have been drunk and was just starting to smoke a joint.

WEED DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANGRY.

RAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I'm not saying people don't get angry when stoned, but weed itself is much less likely to make you emotionally unstable enough to attack somebody.

For instance the poster talking about the "unprovoked" attack - did he perchance accost the person rolling the joint, for rolling/smoking the joint? we don't know the background to that at all - however the vast majority of people who get attacked in public in Ireland especially during a weekend or suitable "festive" period, get attacked by a drunk. You can joke abour grr weed don't make me angry, but you know it's true & to deny would be so laughable as to make jesus come back from the dead to laugh at it. the idea that drunk people are anything other than fairly emotionally unstable (night starts off laughing, and who knows where it could end, tears, violence, depression or for me most nights, happy go well adjusted me) - and if they are violently inclined, they are certainly going to be more likely to be violent when drunk. This coupled with the fact that alcohol is so prevalent in Irish society (where we are by no means unlikely to step down from fisticuffs should the need arise) means violent drunks in this country are the norm.

Compare this to the stoner society who may be "dopey" by some of our drinker friends estimation. Do you really honestly believe there's any chance at all that the amount of people who do something violent when stoned is even the tiniest percentage of those who do whilst drunk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Well it's a heated topic, one which we were debating over in the personal issues thread (didn't really belong there)

I want to know if you prefer alcohol or mary jane. Those of you who do not drink or smoke or only do one of the two, why is this? Are you health concious?

I know there is a "free the weed" thread around here somewhere, but I would like to see peoples opinions on the differance between alochol and weed.

Thanks.

All I have to say is DRINK big time:D N I used to smoke about 12 joints a day.. Dont touch the stuff anymore though:eek:

• Advertisement

Was the guy wearing Reeboks? I heard wearing Reeboks can make you act like a right bastard.

jim o doom wrote: »
    I'm not saying people don't get angry when stoned, but weed itself is much less likely to make you emotionally unstable enough to attack somebody.

For instance the poster talking about the "unprovoked" attack - did he perchance accost the person rolling the joint, for rolling/smoking the joint? we don't know the background to that at all - however the vast majority of people who get attacked in public in Ireland especially during a weekend or suitable "festive" period, get attacked by a drunk. You can joke abour grr weed don't make me angry, but you know it's true & to deny would be so laughable as to make jesus come back from the dead to laugh at it. the idea that drunk people are anything other than fairly emotionally unstable (night starts off laughing, and who knows where it could end, tears, violence, depression or for me most nights, happy go well adjusted me) - and if they are violently inclined, they are certainly going to be more likely to be violent when drunk. This coupled with the fact that alcohol is so prevalent in Irish society (where we are by no means unlikely to step down from fisticuffs should the need arise) means violent drunks in this country are the norm.

Compare this to the stoner society who may be "dopey" by some of our drinker friends estimation. Do you really honestly believe there's any chance at all that the amount of people who do something violent when stoned is even the tiniest percentage of those who do whilst drunk?
    I was in my local for six hours yesterday.
    I did not see one single arguement.

With the amount of drinking done in this country it is inevitable that fights will happen, but to say that everyone who gets drunk then becomes emotionally unstable in completely ridiculous.

Stoners are quite quick to point out that violently inclined people become more violent when drunk, but ignore the fact that weed messes with your head and can lead to severe depression.

Fúcking stoner propaganda.

Listen, it's a crap drug and it will never be legalised here.
    Get over it.

^^ far more retarded assumptions are made by the anti-weed side.

Then there are the stoners who drive while stoned.
    Let us not forget them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,395 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

each to their own,whatever gets ya going.

who gives a fcuk*

*this attitude is not caused by weed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Stoners are quite quick to point out that violently inclined people become more violent when drunk, but ignore the fact that weed messes with your head and can lead to severe depression.

Fúcking stoner propaganda.

Listen, it's a crap drug and it will never be legalised here.
    Get over it.

The internet is addictive, affects personality and social life, can cause extreme stress, depression, violence and suicide.

Please make it illegal, for the children!

The internet is addictive, affects personality and social life, can cause extreme stress, depression, violence and suicide.

Please make it illegal, for the children!
    Food is addictive. People will kill for it.
    Make that illegal too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Food is addictive. People will kill for it.
    Make that illegal too.

lets go for it, i mean it's not as if this thread is going to get any less stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

and there are drinkers who drive while drunk

someone who drinks saying that weed is a retarded drug is an oxymoron(pretty sure thats the right application of the word but im probably too stoned to realise)

there is no reason why alcohol should be legal and weed illegal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fearandloathing

weed for me, the lack of a hangover swings it.. the interesting thing i reckon is people driving while stoned. none of my mates would drive with more than a pint on them but regularly get behind the wheel with a few joints on board. seems pretty stupid to me but i doesnt bother a lot of people i know..

Advertisement