Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed V Alcohol

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

jim o doom wrote: »
    Whoa extasy is further down the list than weed? crazy. I mean overdose on it is rare & a lot of deaths resulting from MDMA come from people drinking too much water, which their cells cannot take (because of the MDMA and unusually large in take of water) resulting in a horrible death - but it is an upper and can cause palpitations etc - would have thought that made it more dangerous than cannabis.. I wonder what basis this study/graph was based on - single use, overuse, regular use - I am super interested to hear the back up for it - could u post a linky? I want read :) Also was the danger they were reffering to physical, mental, danger of addiction.. :)

Did a Live search for .. "Most dangerous drugs" and quite a few links came up. Here are a couple...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/mar/23/constitution.drugsandalcohol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/survey

But I got the graph from here..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6474053.stm#drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Thanks dude :) I'll read up on them at home (my work web access is RTE, boards, breaking news & BBC news - in other words, eff all) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder what basis this study/graph was based on -
    All explained here, well worth a look
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2415304425055281170&ei=8WcsSeWoMo-MiQL6sqW6BQ&q

Media propaganda killed the people who overdosed on water while on E. Alcohol also dehydrates people, if it was illegal people would probably die from overdosing on water too, since they would also fall for this extremely reckless propaganda the media put out. They should be hunting those money grabbing sensationalist journalists and publishers, the real killers, who also make their living off the drug trade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

rubadub wrote: »
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2415304425055281170&ei=8WcsSeWoMo-MiQL6sqW6BQ&q

Media propaganda killed the people who overdosed on water while on E. Alcohol also dehydrates people, if it was illegal people would probably die from overdosing on water too, since they would also fall for this extremely reckless propaganda the media put out. They should be hunting those money grabbing sensationalist journalists and publishers, the real killers, who also make their living off the drug trade.

I don't believe the media in everything they say. I do, however, believe in doctors and their reports. Professional, educated statements.

"The illegality of drugs makes them dangerous" What a quote... Amazing answer.

With all the reports and all investigations, alcohol and tobacco are amoung the most dangerous and dependant drugs there are. I would rank heroin as the most lethal, followed closely by tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

pallepille wrote: »
    misinformed u say, so tell me where there is proof anywhere that smoking weed USUALLY BRINGS ON SEVERE PSYCHOSIS OR SCHIZOPHRENIA, thats a bit extreme do you not think...

Even a cursory Google search on marijuana / cannabis and the link to psychosis and schizophrenia will glean a huge amount of debate and studies in the medical literature as well as countless real life examples on lay persons websites and fora.

But having said that I am like another person who said earlier that they would rather be in the company of a stoner than a drunk. I used to smoke heaps but it makes me depressed and anxious and unable to go outside. I lived in Amsterdam FFS and smoked a joint for breakfast and grazed on grass all day long. My other personal experiences is what it has done to my brother who was outgoing and social before he got heavily into the weed and also the effect it had a really good friend of mine I lived with who had a schizophrenic episode that landed him in a psychiatric unit after one bong too much.

His ol' dear (the byatch) blamed me and even got onto some talk show like Gerry Ryan or Gay Byrne and paid me out (without mentioning my name of course) for pushing drugs onto her son. I called to his house shortly after he got out of hospital to see how he was and she called the cops insisting that I was there to push more drugs on him to drive him crazy.

I told her to just chill saying that her son was a big boy who scored his own dope without my help but she was having none of it. It fu*ked our friendship for many years. Again if given the choice between a big fat glass of Aussie white wine or a bottle of ice cold beer on a hot day and a joint there is absolutely no competition. But hey that's just me ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Jaysus I thought this was a thread asking whether people preferred a jar or a joint, not an invitation to rant at each other about the evils/magic of alcohol/weed..

Personally, I used to smoke the hash we get here in sunny Ireland, haven't done in a long time due to the fact that it made me anti-social.
    I'd get high and retire to my bedroom, switch my phone off and watch TV.

Any drug that made me do that is not for me.

I enjoy my few pints at the weekend, find it more sociable and easier to mix with a few lubricants than I would while high.

My two cents..

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

In your earlier post you stated that the person "in the pub" who was smoking a joint and made and unprovoked attack on you, had not been drinking. how do you know this to be the case?

hey jim
    you might have misread my post
    : i say that the guy was smoking a joint in the mens room,
    i also say that "i cannot attest that he had not been drinking".

this means that i dont know if he had been drinking or not, i did not say that he had not been drinking, but i can say that he was smoking a joint.
    hope that clears it up for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I'd much prefare weed. Alcohol doesn't agree with me.. puts me wired, I honestly go crazy. Black out after 3 drinks. Its very dangerous. With weed I'm calm have a good night yet relax. No hangover .. but because alcohol is legal and 'sociable' I used to try to drink. I've given up .. WAY too dangerous for me. People should be given a choice, its not fair.

Some people suit alcohol, some weed.

For me its weed. No paranoia, no addiction, no hangovers, no blackouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

JCDUB wrote: »
    Personally, I used to smoke the hash we get here in sunny Ireland, haven't done in a long time due to the fact that it made me anti-social...
    Haha you is a cunny funt.

Chances are the stuff you were smoking probably came from a peat bog and was intended to be used as a form of fuel in an open fire during those lovely short 'mild winters' you get :D

c-note wrote: »
    hey jim
    you might have misread my post
    : i say that the guy was smoking a joint in the mens room,
    i also say that "i cannot attest that he had not been drinking".

this means that i dont know if he had been drinking or not, i did not say that he had not been drinking, but i can say that he was smoking a joint.
    hope that clears it up for you

ahhhhhh Ok - apologies for the misread :) I thought you had said the opposite of what you actually said.. either my eyes or my brain are faulty. Probably my brain because I drink so much booze and smoke so much weed ;)Well I mean being realistic - the only person with enough scrote to light up a joint in a toilet of of a bar (which is in a hotel - he would use his room if he was just in the hotel itself) - would be a person who was drinking.. he might not have been but I find it massively unlikely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

rubadub wrote: »

Great link thanks. Bit of an eye opener. Safe to say there plenty of those drugs on the list that if not used carefully can do great harm, but two of the most harmful ones are legal which is quite amazing. Where as a couple of the others are not harmful. A re-think is indeed required.

The problem with the danger levels associated with all and any of the drugs including alcohol and excluding tobbacco (which I don't smoke) - is that the true gateway drug is booze; me and plenty of my mates have taken stuff we never would have sober, because we didn't give a toss - because we were drunk. Combining alcohol with any number of drugs - increase the dangers of both the drug and alcohol.. Combine this with the experimental nature of someone who is willing to take drugs in the first place - & you have a strong chance that the person may take multiple drugs together (and with booze) ala on Mr Hunter S Thompson - I know it's a bit of a name drop but he is a good example of a multi drug user in the extreme. A lot of people who take one thing are happy enough to take lots of different ones, which does all sorts of bad things to a body. One thing that makes me empathise with the people who drink a lot of booze but won't take drugs; I think deep down these people KNOW they would love to get fecked on all sorts - but realising their addictive nature (being booze hounds or just drink lovers) - they subconscioulsy decide it's a bad thing that they could easily become addicted to & therefore it's a total no go - for them or anyone else. It must be regarded as evil - or hell they might just take and like it too.

Advertisement