Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

men with shaved arms.......WTF???

Options
  • 24-11-2008 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭

The other day whilst ....pumping zee iron in the gym, i noticed that the guy beside me hadn't a single hair on his big musceley arms. Needless to say i was slightly...pertubed by this, and yes, i did stare. I couldnt help it, they wer glinting at me!!

So basically, what i want to know is, is this a new trend that im missing out on??
    Do women find men with shaved arms attractive???
    i know if a guy came at me with hairless arms id probably cry :(
    Where are all the real men gone??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Perhaps he is a swimmer?
    Medical condition?
    Just likes that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

to me, its screamed im a vain ****e!!

to me, its screamed im a vain ****e!!

*shrug*

Different strokes and all that. Maybe he'd think someone who would judge him soley on body hair isn't all that either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Most people are vain shítes irrespective of gender.

I'd assume given you saw 'a big muscly guy' in the gym that he'd be a swimmer/runner. In that case it's for streamlining/efficiency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

I shave above my forearms, in the biceps/triceps area and higher. Not that i mind it myself but i think it looks unattractive to women so i do it so i dont look too hairy. :o

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    *shrug*

Different strokes and all that. Maybe he'd think someone who would judge him soley on body hair isn't all that either. :)

i didnt judge him! i didnt assume that because he shaves his arms hes a bad person!
    it just looked......wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Did he look like a swimmer? I know a couple of guys who'd have shaved arms, and in most cases they were heavy swimmers or wannabe heavy swimmers.

Didn't make it any less gay, but still :<

i didnt judge him! i didnt assume that because he shaves his arms hes a bad person!
    it just looked......wrong!

So "i'm a vain shíte!" is a good thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Are you sure they were shaved? Were you right up close? Maybe he only has really light arm hair? I know a few people who look like they shave them but it's just that they've never had it grow in the first place.

(Shaving for shavings sake is ghey though imo)

as was already said, everyone is vain to some extent, so no, its not necessarily a bad thing.

he looked for too beefy to be a swimmer, there were some major musceles goin on there! But, i could be wrong!

And they were definatly shaved, he was sitting right beside me. There was not a single hair on that arm of his...

• Advertisement

as was already said, everyone is vain to some extent, so no, its not necessarily a bad thing.

Dig up. Saying it screamed "i'm a vain shíte" is such a negative thing to say.
    he looked for too beefy to be a swimmer, there were some major musceles goin on there! But, i could be wrong!

And they were definatly shaved, he was sitting right beside me. There was not a single hair on that arm of his...

Maybe he just doesn't have any hair on his arms. That not a possibilty, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

If he was very well muscled its possible he had a BB competition coming up ? Waxing/Shaving+Tan = Better Muscle Definition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I left the Westwood in Clontarf because I couldn't stand the tossers in there. I remember overhearing more than one convo in the locker rooms about waxing and such. I swim and cycle and I've never felt the need to shave or wax. Unless you're Lance Armstrong, or Michael Phelps it's not really going to make a difference to your performance...

I saw a guy one day that had obviously just had the 'back sack and crack' done. But he'd left the legs alone and looked like he was wearing a pair of hairy chaps - now that deffo looked gay :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Competition bicycler? Those guys shave almost everywhere, well almost... Something to do with wind drag?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

The other day whilst ....pumping zee iron in the gym, i noticed that the guy beside me hadn't a single hair on his big musceley arms. Needless to say i was slightly...pertubed by this, and yes, i did stare. I couldnt help it, they wer glinting at me!!

So basically, what i want to know is, is this a new trend that im missing out on??
    Do women find men with shaved arms attractive???
    i know if a guy came at me with hairless arms id probably cry :(
    Where are all the real men gone??

It's an eastern european thing. I used to date a lithuanian lass who asked me to do it. Needless to say it never happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

c - 13 wrote: »
    If he was very well muscled its possible he had a BB competition coming up ? Waxing/Shaving+Tan = Better Muscle Definition
    also could have done it for charity etc...

Advertisement