Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xmas presents for parents??

Options
  • 24-11-2008 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

anyone wanna share what theyre getting their parents for xmas? ive no idea what to get and i wanna rob someones idea!! budget around 120e

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

what approx age are they

there are things like theatre tickets plus dinner packages availabe at the gaiety and vicar street is cool enough too as a music venue

or you could go all traditional and get them lots of booze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

gave up guessing ages ago- my Dad gets a golf gift card every year - Mom's always something in Debenhams..scarves seem to work every time for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to always get restaurant vouchers with other things. Never go to waste, everybody likes to eat!

Only thing to be careful of with vouchers is places going bust in the next year.

Past pressies, shredder for old mans docs, safe for his docs again. Portable landline phones. Really good small torch. Glasses, cutlery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

My mother was on about some new type of fryer from tefal called an actifry (?) earlier this year so thats what she's getting. I'd say theres a 50/50 chance of her liking it or me getting a smack in the chops with it.

Still no idea what to get for my father though.

rubadub wrote: »
    I used to always get restaurant vouchers with other things. Never go to waste, everybody likes to eat!

Only thing to be careful of with vouchers is places going bust in the next year.

Past pressies, shredder for old mans docs, safe for his docs again. Portable landline phones. Really good small torch. Glasses, cutlery

and a partridge in a pear tree

but seriously ...... I am a Dad and dont mind what I get -- got some great CDs last year from my included Bowie and the Doors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

anyone wanna share what theyre getting their parents for xmas? ive no idea what to get and i wanna rob someones idea!! budget around 120e
    Just get one of those One4All vouchers, think ya can get them in the post office and use them just about anywhere.. at least that way they can get their own present ya know:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my mother is getting a new mobile and my father is getting a statue for the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

If you're in Dublin, you can get 2 theatre tickets in Dundrum Theatre, and dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine in Harvey Nichols for 110 euro!

Glowing wrote: »
    If you're in Dublin, you can get 2 theatre tickets in Dundrum Theatre, and dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine in Harvey Nichols for 110 euro!
    Thats a really fantastic idea

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

my father is getting a statue for the garden
    Good idea, my old man is out in the garden a lot, might be some sort of labour saving device he can get. Has arthritis and has all sorts of gadgets for picking stuff up etc.

Was also looking at wine aerators, they bubble air into red wine so it mimics being left to breathe for a couple of hours in a few mins.

Actifry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Get them a Molten Brown hamper. I got that for my Mam and Dad last year and they loved it!

I might get them another hamper this year plus I gave them a new Grand-daughter October 6th so I think they're more than happy with her for Christmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

well for my boyf's folks last year i made a big hamper with food and drink stuffs plus a couple of items for them each individually and also one of those 'oxfam animal in africa' things.....they loved it!

dads are so difficult...my poor papa gets socks and an F1 book nearly every year!!

this year im getting my mom an ipod which i am gonna load with music she likes before i give it to her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

Lovely idea-Where can I get this?

Advertisement