Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bars in thomond park.

Options
  • 24-11-2008 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭

Is it true that you can drink in one of the bars in thomond without a match ticket?? ive heard they open during games.

also is this the only time the bar opens?? if that bar was open full time, with decent door staff they would clean up, especially off students, plus caherdavin really needs a good bar (the morgue that is te country club does not suffice!), it was a pain having to walk to town just to watch the ireland poland game last week.

finally, i remeber someone mentioning something in the thread about the davin closing, that there was a new bar under construction near woodfield house hotel, sextons or something, is this still going ahead??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You can drink in the Shannon Club house and the UL Bohs bar while matches are on. Not sure about the other bars.
    Also when i was in LIT, they tried opening the shannon clubhouse bar but it never caught on with the students, i dont exactly know, because it was right beside the college and the closest thing to a college pub

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The dugout bar sold tickets to watch the games there during gametime, on large screens, with finger foods, live bands etc.. not sure if the sales went well, i heard of a lot of free tickets being given out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

zuroph wrote: »
    The dugout bar sold tickets to watch the games there during gametime, on large screens, with finger foods, live bands etc.. not sure if the sales went well, i heard of a lot of free tickets being given out.
    I know there were people watching the match there, doubt they got in free though.

You need to scan a ticket to get into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i was offered free tickets. i know there was a load given out for the irish match, and a few for the munster one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

The plan is to have the Dugout Bar available to the public on match days, in the early stages it was restricted to those who had match tickets.

As mentioned above you can also get into the Shannon and Bohs bars without match tickets.

• Advertisement
Advertisement