Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHICH Broadband - or any ???

Options
  • 24-11-2008 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

VERY late into this broadband game, but I've just returned from the holidays where the computers seemed to be quicker.

I'm just wondering IF ANY of the so-called Broadband services in IRL are worth signing up for, OR maybe it's just that my computer or certain sites are slow to upload no matter what you're using ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

What are you currently using? There are plenty of decent broadband services here, UPC offer speeds of up to 20Mbps on cable. BT have an up to 24Mbps on DSL, though it's very few people who'd actually get that speed. Smart do speeds of up to about 16Mbps I believe, on DSL too. eircom's 3Mbps is by and large, very reliable. The new 7.6Mbps, not quite as reliable, though good enough for some. Digiweb Metro is just about the best fixed wireless product, though with very low caps. It is rock solid reliable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

jor el wrote: »
    Smart do speeds of up to about 16Mbps I believe, on DSL too.

Smart also offer "up to 24Mbps" if your line can handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Capri wrote: »
    VERY late into this broadband game, but I've just returned from the holidays where the computers seemed to be quicker.

I'm just wondering IF ANY of the so-called Broadband services in IRL are worth signing up for, OR maybe it's just that my computer or certain sites are slow to upload no matter what you're using ?

The computers probably were quicker than the one you are using. The broadband connection probably isn't the problem just your your pc.

Actually are you on a 1mb package with a 128k upload speed ;)

Advertisement