Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Service - Should I go to main dealer?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

If I don't get my car serviced by a main dealer will it have much or any effect on the price I get for a trade in??

Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

H.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

No effect on trade in.

What car is it, what year is it, what mileage has it got.

You can go to an independent garage and once they use standard parts and equipment then your warranty will not be void. EU brought this in a while back because of comptetion rules.

Whether it will effect your trade in value, depends on the age of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the car is outside of the manufacturer's warranty then I would normally get it serviced by a good trusted independant mechanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

It shouldnt affect your warranty anyway. Just make sure to get the service book stamped by them when its serviced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

As said above, just make sure you get the service book stamped and hold onto the receipt for proof. Infact I hold onto all my car related receipts! There is nothing better than having a full documented history that even included light bulbs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I go to the dealer I bought my car from since I do high mileage and will most likely be back to him in 2010 for a new one, it's nice to be able to say well your guys did all the servicing so you know the car has been well looked after. He did a very good trade in for me this year since I was servicing my previous car there as well. It may cost a little extra but I reckon I'll get that back when I go to buy again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement