Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E51 Keypad illumination

Options
  • 24-11-2008 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

So I have an E51, think it's a great phone, except when I an texting, the keypad illumination turnes off while I am still texting. Normally as long as you are pressing keys the kepad illuminationstays on. Anyone else had this experience and can it be fixed, so that the keypad illumination stays on for as long as you pressing the keys ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Does anyone have any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

It all depends on the background light and not whether you press the keys or not. Not much we can do. Try update to the latest firmware 220.34.37, it might fix it.

Yeah, just updated to the new firmware, still no difference. Ah well, gues it's just the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I have an E51 as well. I've never encountered that problem. Have you checked under Tools - Settings - General - Personalisation - Display?

Then again, I suppose I never text for anything more than maybe a minute at a time, so the light is always on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

these are the options on my n95 so the menu structure might be a bit different on the e51 but it should be similar:

tools->settings->general->personalisation->display->light sensor
    i don't think it'll say personalisation but display is the option you're looking for anyway

change the sensitivity of the light sensor and see what happens

in case you didn't realise, on nokia symbians, the keypad light isn't controlled by pressing the buttons, it has a light sensor that detects ambient light and either lights up the keypad or not depending on if it's needed. i think it's on the front just to the left of the speaker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 audi_80

i found somewhere this:
    "the E51 automatically adjusts its screen brightness and keypad light on/off depending on how much light there is around. It has a light sensor for both the screen and keypad."

did anyone knows where it is couse i need to check becouse i have problems with the backlight(display and keypad are black, no light)
    maybe the sensor is broken

thanks

Menu->Tools->Settings->General->Personalisation->Display.....

Advertisement