Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ret Paladins

Options
  • 24-11-2008 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

I swear i am once again addicted to wow! haha!

I had quit for about 4 - 5 months because of time needed for raiding but mainly because i was bored to death with my paladin and all my other chars.

Just started playing again last weekend and spec my pala ret and its bloody amazing! I cant believe the difference to the ret pala pre wotlk!

I mean previously if you /w someone for a spot in an instance they would ALWAYS say no to a ret pala. Now ive seen people actually looking for a ret pala for a group.

I have been holy since forever but never again!! ever!! lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

They were much better pre-nerf. But like you say im more then happy to have 1 or more retadin in my gorups now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Yeah there pretty nice now. Im finding that i no longer suffer from going oom after 1 minute of doing max dps. In fact im rarely going below 70% mana.

The dps is massive compared to what it used to be and the group buffs are damn handy aswell.

The extra damage to everyone from ret aura, the mana regen and also the healing to everyone. All in ret palas now bring a lot to a group now when before they didnt bring anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Play a Pala Ret myself. Usually do a few instance with my friends and the set up as DPS is: 2 retri 1 range.

Very strong setup now as the retri's can use repentance as CC tis a good CC imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ret paladins can kill you in one hoj stun

nerf plez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yea they are pretty insane, most guilds that I have been in had a ret paladin top of DPS. If they know what they are doing then they will kick ass. Useless otherwise.

• Advertisement

Im having great fun questing with mine, i went solid for about 5 hours questing on saturday and didnt stop to have a mana drink once. Were pre wotlk i had to drink after maybe 3-4 mobs. Its feckin great! :D:D

Was killing a mob yesterday and forgot i was flagged pvp, got a frost bolt in the back from an undead mage.
    He got introduced to the new ret paladin the hard way! haha! Completely owned him! lol

DRakE wrote: »
    ret paladins can kill you in one hoj stun

nerf plez

L2p :pac:

Aye the palla CC is nice, a bit to short though but i like the fact it can be used in combat. Im not happy with the lack of Salv, im constantly having to hold back on my dps because tanks still cant hold the aggro i can do when i crit alot (42.7%) Altoiugh the new warrior buff helps a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Use Hand of Salvation on yourself a lot Manties? Generating >2k threat on my protadin, peaking at >5k when I blow RF and spam buttons so it could also be an issue with your tank? Those figures are in 10 man raids.

If you have a pala in your group get him to Hand of Salvation you.

"Places a Hand on the party or raid member, reducing their total threat by 2% every 1 sec. for 10 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time."

But even without that, it should be a lot harder to out aggro tanks now.
    If its happening with the same tank then its an issue with the tank but if its happening with multiple tanks maybe you need to chill on dps for a few seconds :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Just use the 5 second rule. Don't DPS until 5 seconds after the tank first hits the mob, and stick with the tanks target if there is a group of mobs.

• Advertisement

Evac101 wrote: »
    Use Hand of Salvation on yourself a lot Manties? Generating >2k threat on my protadin, peaking at >5k when I blow RF and spam buttons so it could also be an issue with your tank? Those figures are in 10 man raids.

Nah im not at the 10man raid point yet, no doubt gear is an issue and the fact im pushing 1700 dps with no buffs/trinkets dosen't help.

@iamxavier, yeah i know ive been doing that but when wyvern shot opens up your combo for a 7k crit, things do downhill quickly lol

Yeah with damage like that its always going to pull aggro.
    I was stealing aggro all the time, multiple mobs and im running in with avenging wrath on then slapping divine storm,lol! Its always fun.

But ive got to grips now with my ret pala, i find myself using hand of salvation on myself whenever i can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Manties wrote: »
    L2p :pac:

Aye the palla CC is nice, a bit to short though but i like the fact it can be used in combat. Im not happy with the lack of Salv, im constantly having to hold back on my dps because tanks still cant hold the aggro i can do when i crit alot (42.7%) Altoiugh the new warrior buff helps a little.

Get your warrior to cast Vigilance on you so. I often group with an aggro whore of a Paladin, and it keeps his threat in check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ret paladins are insanely powerful in PVP. I don't mess with them! Anytime I'm stunned by one, I pray I can hit CoS and vanish before they DPS me down. I've got nearly 12k health and they slice me apart within seconds.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Ret paladins are insanely powerful in PVP. I don't mess with them! Anytime I'm stunned by one, I pray I can hit CoS and vanish before they DPS me down. I've got nearly 12k health and they slice me apart within seconds.

are you Running about in glad or merci gear with full extras like boots wrist neck etc etc. Or just normal Pve stuff? I only have some merci with veng shoulders and brutal hands with all the extras and i last a long time on my hunter.

Even with that just hope they dont pop avenging wrath caus 50% of all damage will bypass all damage reduction :D Kinda nasty when there already doing 20% extra damage.

are you Running about in glad or merci gear with full extras like boots wrist neck etc etc. Or just normal Pve stuff? I only have some merci with veng shoulders and brutal hands with all the extras and i last a long time on my hunter.

It's a bit of both.. Gear isn't amazing, but still - they are really tough for a rogue to kill.

dlofnep wrote: »
    It's a bit of both.. Gear isn't amazing, but still - they are really tough for a rogue to kill.

I think anything is these days

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nice change that :pac:

Fire Mages/Warlocks are really easy. Hunter's can be ok too if you get the jump onthem.

Frost Mages/Warriors/Death Knights/Ret Paladins/Feral Druids - All give me problems.

I guess we'll see at end game. I'm only tipping 75 at the mo, so I'll see how things unfold at 80 with a bit of gear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement