Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to UCD WaveLAN Network on a mobile

Options
  • 24-11-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Trying to conect to the WaveLAN Network on my E71 over wifi. I can find the network grand and it says it connects but I cant get anywhere after that. Are there some sort of settings that I need to port number I should be accessing?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Same problem on my E51. I can get UCD.ie up but nothing else. I think we need certain proxy settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

To get to the web, you need to enter proxy.ucd.ie:8484. for HTTP in the wireless settings. I'm doing this on my phone (HTC S620 with WM6), and it's OK. Note that you get web only - not other kinds of traffic, such as POP or SMTP mail.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Thanks. I'll have to try that out!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think UCD may have to re think the web only stance, maybe also do transparent proxying to make it easier on mobile device users.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

betafrog wrote: »
    In fact I understand they are moving towards an authenticated proxy similar to that of trinities.

Hopefully it wont be exactly like Trinities! From what I heard, the other day there were problems with the servers and it was allowing anyone to connect to the network!

• Advertisement
Advertisement