Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Traineeships

• 24-11-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the avionic engineering traineeships offered by Ryanair - there is very little detail available on their website. Are the traineeships linked to FAS or are they independently run by Ryanair or how do they work?? Also, any idea of how long they take, salary and if they are actually useful in the long run?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'd suggest giving Ryanair a call about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 curious-pup

I tried to call them but have had no luck getting the information i want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Welcome to Boards! You might have to be patient, there are a few aviation engineers and engine techies on here so someone might have more info for you in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

a friend of mine is doing this at the moment ill try get info for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 20 curious-pup

That would be great thanks a million!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Im doing Avionics with SR Technics at the moment. The gist of it is, you appy for a position as an apprentice engineer, they make you avionic or mechanical according to demand and your intrest/apptitude.

The job isnt for everyone and I know the ryanair apprentices have it tough. They dont get any books,tools or materials for free, and all apprentice wages are low.

Im not sure if ryanair are recruiting but send them a letter/CV.
    SR Technics has a blanket ban on recruitment at the moment due to the loss of the EI contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭seanyleary

thats where i did my training. i am finished about 5 years now. Ryanair will say your eletrical but its up to you if you want mechanical or electrical.

FAS 4 years. about 50/50 on the job off the job.
    when your finished you have a fas cert.

You need a leicence. Easa which about 15 exams on top of the fas exams.
    Then you need a type rating on a particular aircraft 6 week course. 6 months working on that aircraft then you start to sign for work. ( thats were the money is ) so its a min of 5 years training to get this far. ( you can be a pilot in 1 year ). you can have a electric licence (B2) or mechanical (B1) or both.

doesnt matter where you do you training as long as you get a EASA licence.
    If your with ryanair they will make sure you get a licence and a type rating. there will be about 6 apprentices every year. with ryanair you will get to travel alot.

The job is great, as long as you dont mind a bit of pressure, and you dont mind leaving mammys cooking,cause if you want to make money its there to be made but your going to have travel.

Ryanair is grand to work for. if you get offered it TAKE IT you wont regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 celticlunatic

hi there, i was wondering if anyone could advise me on the salary scale for b2 licenced engineers, i am considering going into avionics as a career but can find very little info on the web for earning potenial. is there a difference between aircraft mechanics that go through the fas scheme than tose who go through a traineeship and get the easa licence and b2 licence. would i need to get both a b1 and b2 or is it usual to concentrate on one in particular??any info would be great thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭oztots

By engineering traineeships do you mean to become a mechanic or an engineer?

Never heard of ryanair doing them, i know they do them over in shannon aerospace.

What seany says is right though, get your licences then get out of ireland to make some money. Theres massive investment in MRO in the middle east right now.

Advertisement