Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

alcohol limits

Options
  • 24-11-2008 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys, not sure if this should be mosted in the motors section....
    The current legal limit is 80mgs of alcohol per 100ml of blood....Im reasonably sure that if I drank ONE pint (of guinness = 2 units) and drove home afterwards I should be OK (weigh 84K, so Im not a skinny little guy!). I live in Limerick, no real public transport to speak of. Any ideas as to weather IM correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Why drink at all?
    It's hardly worth the risk now is it?
    Imho, you shouldn't driving after taking ANY alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Whether you're correct? You probably are but if you hit someone/something by accident there could be problems if they smell beer on your breath.

Just stick to coffees and soft drinks imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Why drink at all?
    It's hardly worth the risk now is it?
    Imho, you shouldn't driving after taking ANY alcohol.

Agreed, the 80mg limit is a Tolerance i.e. not Zero and not for how much you can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

While you "should" be alright with just the one pint, remember there are other factors to take into consideration, like how tired you are, driving conditions, meals eaten etc.

With saying that, your are better off sticking to the soft drinks. A habit can easily develop, as in "ah sure I grand after 1, sure another won't hurt..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Why bother risking it for "1 pint". Have a couple of alcohol free beers instead.
    Merry Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi guys, not sure if this should be mosted in the motors section....
    The current legal limit is 80mgs of alcohol per 100ml of blood....Im reasonably sure that if I drank ONE pint (of guinness = 2 units) and drove home afterwards I should be OK (weigh 84K, so Im not a skinny little guy!). I live in Limerick, no real public transport to speak of. Any ideas as to weather IM correct?

What's the point in having one pint and risking it? If you're driving try some of that alcohol free Budvar. They come in pint bottles and it actually tastes nice unlike some of the other alcohol free beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a shandy, in a half pint glass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only reason I can see in having one drink if you have the car with you, is to be socialable, in this instance personally I don't see why that drink needs to have alcohol in it.

Advertisement