Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many peoples Xbox died after downloading NXE.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Yep you can add me to that list....

My XBOX is currently over with the Nazi's getting fixed...3 days after NXE!.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mine died after the update, I sent it off yesterday (M$ spelt my name wrong in the email they sent), not holding out much hope to have it back in time for Crimbo, then again Crimbo is a time for family, god I'm going to miss my Xbox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ROC1977 wrote: »
    towel trick or heating in the hotpress.!!!! No wonder its ****ed. Might as well use the Microwave while your at it. Towel trick is not a fix. Did you even find out what the error code was before you started to cook your 360. If I was M/s I wouldn't fix it either.

Eh what? Are you married to Microsoft or something? Obviously it was f'd first, which is why I tried all I could. E 74 is the error which is a hardware error smart guy. Don't you think I'd like to get it sorted without having to send it off for a month, especially over christmas?

It's because the graphic card has come away from it's bearing, and heating it up temporarily attatches it back, but only for a few minutes. It happens to most Xboxes. Also MS never said they wouldn't fix it, it's just that their repair request pages have turned incredibly gay and won't process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Eh what? Are you married to Microsoft or something? Obviously it was f'd first, which is why I tried all I could. is the error which is a hardware error smart guy. Don't you think I'd like to get it sorted without having to send it off for a month, especially over christmas?

It's because the graphic card has come away from it's bearing, and heating it up temporarily attatches it back, but only for a few minutes. It happens to most Xboxes. Also MS never said they wouldn't fix it, it's just that their repair request pages have turned incredibly gay and won't process.

You haven't a clue what your talking about. Graphics card? Bearing?

Using this so called towel trick only makes matters worse.
    Bud I've repair dozens of 360's for friends, and the problem with 360's is the X clamps that holds the heat sinks to the CPU and GPU's.
    E74 error is sometimes caused by the GPU, but mostly due to a problem with the graphics scaler chip which is next to the AV lead connection. A lot of the time it can just be down to a faulty AV lead. Have you tried using a different AV lead?

If I was you I wouldn't try any towel trick again or leaving your 360 in a hotpress. Google lawndogs Xbox 360 X clamp fix. Head to maplin and for about 10 euros you can get a t10 and t8 screw driver and nuts, bolts and washers. Can't think of the nut/bolt size off the top of my head. Tutorial will tell you. You also need thermal paste, get that in maplin/ PC world etc.
    You should be able to fix it yourself in under an hour.

Hope this helps... the "smart guy".

P.s I don't know how many times I've posted about this so called towel trick. Not trying to Flame at anyone, just strong words of advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Updated about a week ago, been playing Fable 2 since then (silver Live membership).

Got a message that I had to recover my gamertag a couple days ago, and get an error 8007065B:0 when I try and do that. Currently going through the issue with xbox support with no luck so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ROC1977 wrote: »
    You haven't a clue what your talking about. Graphics card? Bearing?

Using this so called towel trick only makes matters worse.
    Bud I've repair dozens of 360's for friends, and the problem with 360's is the X clamps that holds the heat sinks to the CPU and GPU's.
    E74 error is sometimes caused by the GPU, but mostly due to a problem with the graphics scaler chip which is next to the AV lead connection. A lot of the time it can just be down to a faulty AV lead. Have you tried using a different AV lead?

If I was you I wouldn't try any towel trick again or leaving your 360 in a hotpress. Google lawndogs Xbox 360 X clamp fix. Head to maplin and for about 10 euros you can get a t10 and t8 screw driver and nuts, bolts and washers. Can't think of the nut/bolt size off the top of my head. Tutorial will tell you. You also need thermal paste, get that in maplin/ PC world etc.
    You should be able to fix it yourself in under an hour.

Hope this helps... the "smart guy".

P.s I don't know how many times I've posted about this so called towel trick. Not trying to Flame at anyone, just strong words of advice.

Ok cool, sorryI got a bit miffed.I just put it in computer hospital and told him it was something internal thatwas acting up. Should get it back in a week. Have sorted a replacement till then, thank God, because I had just bought an absolute crapload of games before it died.

Advertisement