Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fall in Love with FM - Go for LLM

Options
  • 24-11-2008 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Hello all

I know it has been getting mixed reviews to date so I just thought I would through my €0.02 in.

Firstly, FM08 was probably the least played out of all the FM/CM games I ever had so it would need to take a lot to get me back into FM09.

Currently playing with Rushden & Diamonds, I don’t think you can enjoy FM unless you start at Ground Zero - Lower League Management (LLM). Got promotion from the Conference that’s to a 91st minute goal from Adam McGurk (Loan – Aston Villa) in the Final. I then bought very astutely, loaned very well also found 3 gems in Slovenia and had 2 young lads who are honestly future Premier League stars come through my Youth intake and were 1st team regulars at 16. Won League 2 with a savage run towards the end of the season and pipped Lincoln on the last day of the season to take it by 2 points, never trouncing teams, a lot of narrow victories and no routs, which makes it more satisfying.

Currently 8th in League 1 and playing okay, have took in a couple of loan players and have kept the wages to a total of £20k per week so a lot of youth but a squad more then able to consolidate in League 1.

Thing that I love about the game so far is the Youth Prospects are actually decent and there is nothing better than watch them establish themselves in your first team along with some honest joe’s like Derek Niven and Ronnie Wallwork to carry them through…. The other thing is I am barely winning games which give the edge too, winning easy is too boring so this has me on the edge of my proverbial seat.

I love FM again….cant wait to go home and tackle my final 10 games of the season.

Thank you SI!

If you want to fall back in love with FM....Blue Square Prem is where you need to start :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

LLM is great, but i just dont have the patience for it half the time. that's where FM starts to suck your life blood away...

good work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It can feel very rewarding, especially in England where there are so many leagues and teams but, as said above, it requires an awful lot of patience, something I don't have at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Hello all

I know it has been getting mixed reviews to date so I just thought I would through my €0.02 in.

Firstly, FM08 was probably the least played out of all the FM/CM games I ever had so it would need to take a lot to get me back into FM09.

Currently playing with Rushden & Diamonds, I don’t think you can enjoy FM unless you start at Ground Zero - Lower League Management (LLM). Got promotion from the Conference that’s to a 91st minute goal from Adam McGurk (Loan – Aston Villa) in the Final. I then bought very astutely, loaned very well also found 3 gems in Slovenia and had 2 young lads who are honestly future Premier League stars come through my Youth intake and were 1st team regulars at 16. Won League 2 with a savage run towards the end of the season and pipped Lincoln on the last day of the season to take it by 2 points, never trouncing teams, a lot of narrow victories and no routs, which makes it more satisfying.

Currently 8th in League 1 and playing okay, have took in a couple of loan players and have kept the wages to a total of £20k per week so a lot of youth but a squad more then able to consolidate in League 1.

Thing that I love about the game so far is the Youth Prospects are actually decent and there is nothing better than watch them establish themselves in your first team along with some honest joe’s like Derek Niven and Ronnie Wallwork to carry them through…. The other thing is I am barely winning games which give the edge too, winning easy is too boring so this has me on the edge of my proverbial seat.

I love FM again….cant wait to go home and tackle my final 10 games of the season.

Thank you SI!

If you want to fall back in love with FM....Blue Square Prem is where you need to start :)
    Pfft...real LLM managers pick a newly promoted team in the BSS/BSN :p

Advertisement