Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get two tyres fitted

Options
  • 24-11-2008 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have the tyres but I just need to get someone to fit and balance them. Anyone know who does this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ring Clonboo Tyres. He'll come out to you and fit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

+1 for Clonboo tyres. Also the place in Barna (Just before the village after the school) will do it for €7 a tyre

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    +1 for Clonboo tyres. Also the place in Barna (Just before the village after the school) will do it for €7 a tyre
    That place closed a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Robbo wrote: »

I blame those goddamned roadworks.

Robbo wrote: »

That's a pitty, was happy with their service when I used them before and they were friendly to boot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I got a quote from Cloonboo for 25 euro to fit two tyres.

Is that not a rip off? I said I'd call out to him and everything. 14 euro for two is a price I would be very happy with.

cornbb wrote: »
    I blame those goddamned roadworks.
    He closed before those cursed roadwords started.

I got a quote from Cloonboo for 25 euro to fit two tyres.

Is that not a rip off? I said I'd call out to him and everything. 14 euro for two is a price I would be very happy with.

Yup, definately OTT. Used to pay him €8 per tyre IIRC, and let's say another €2 to take the old tyres. Haggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

There a guy on the left on the way into Tuam (beside Esso station).
    I got a puncture in that area a while back.
    Very helpful guy and the prices were good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

CTC behind Suites Supreme on the Tuam Road, or Ballybrit Exhaust & Tyre near Windsor.

As for the price to fit and balance, to do the job right will probably take 15-20 minutes. Then, if you are leaving the old tyres there, they have to pay to dispose of them, and recycling charges have just gone up.

• Advertisement

Kieran Farrell used to be the place to go for tyres.
    Are they still operating in Ballybane.
    I recall a fire there some time back.

Fey! wrote: »
    CTC behind Suites Supreme on the Tuam Road, or Ballybrit Exhaust & Tyre near Windsor.

As for the price to fit and balance, to do the job right will probably take 15-20 minutes. Then, if you are leaving the old tyres there, they have to pay to dispose of them, and recycling charges have just gone up.

Just tried Ballybrit and they quoted me 30 euro. :mad:

I can't find a number for CTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Got a puncture a while back and went to Hanover tyres in Bohermore where they fixed the puncture, took off the spare I had on and re-fitted the original for 10euro.

Might be worth pricing them for fitting and balancing your two tyres..

KevR wrote: »
    Got a puncture a while back and went to Hanover tyres in Bohermore where they fixed the puncture, took off the spare I had on and re-fitted the original for 10euro.

Might be worth pricing them for fitting and balancing your two tyres..

Thanks for that. Think there looking for around 30 euro.

Kieran Farrell used to be the place to go for tyres.
    Are they still operating in Ballybane.
    I recall a fire there some time back.

Still there. The fire was a truck filled with old tyres, didn't affect the business at all as I think they were used tyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 quattro 1

Hi,
    I have the tyres but I just need to get someone to fit and balance them. Anyone know who does this?

Thanks.

hi there did u get them tyres fitted if so who did them for u

Any of the back street garages will fit a set of tyres and at the right priece. Keep away from the main-dealers.
    'Main' as in 'mean'....

Advertisement