Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice please

Options
  • 24-11-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

few months ago I unfortunately backed into someone's car, damaging the driver's door. I waited around to see if the owner would come back and also knocked on a couple of doors to see if I could find them. No joy so I left a note on the windscreen apologising for damage and left my contact number to arrange repair.

I waited and waited for phone call which eventually came about 3 weeks later. I arranged for a panel beater to go and look at the car. The owner repeatedly didn't show at arranged times and this guy got quite pissed off. They did connect eventually and he had a look at the door which he said would need replacing. I sent the owner a text telling her this and asked her to get me the colour code for the car so i could get her a door. I heard nothing back.

About a month after this i get a message asking me to sort door out asap. Again, I asked her for the colour code which she duly sent. I asked for year and model and no reply. I knew it was a peugeut something and was 1990 something but obviously needed more detail than this to get a door for her. I sent another text asking for this again and still no reply.

What do I do? I am at the point of barring her number as I feel she is taking the proverbial piss at this stage.

P.S I posted this in personal issues before I found the motors section. Please remove if necessary, mods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In these instances texting is not a good form of communication by either party, ring the other party and arrange to meet to discuss resolving the situation.

To be honest I find it a bit strange that the other party is letting you arrange the repair work on their car, if it was my car I would show you the quote for the work, get it done myself and have the bill sent to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Do you have her name & address? If so, stop texting and write her a letter. If you ignore her calls, (barring incoming numbers is not possible) then she'll probably inform the Gardai. Also, the panel beater will need to buy the new door in primer and paint it to match her car - he can't just go off and get one with the same colour code, as it won't match.

If you've really had enough of the whole thing, you could just send her your insurance details and let them take care of it for you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

As you were told on your PI thread about this exact subject. Stop texting her and phone her. If she wont answer your calls go to your solicitor or just send her a cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

As you were told on your PI thread about this exact subject. Stop texting her and phone her. If she wont answer your calls go to your solicitor or just send her a cheque

Galwaybabe, your getting stressed over nothing. in fairness you should be commended on how you went out of your way to sort this out. Id ring the person, explaining that your waiting for them to contact you regarding the fix. Arrange to meet them somewhere public, and say you need the door colour, the model etc, and that youll call them when the panel beater is ready to work on it.

you know, the cost of the door and labour is probably worth more than what the car is worth in this climate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

tred wrote: »
    Galwaybabe, your getting stressed over nothing. in fairness you should be commended on how you went out of your way to sort this out. Id ring the person, explaining that your waiting for them to contact you regarding the fix. Arrange to meet them somewhere public, and say you need the door colour, the model etc, and that youll call them when the panel beater is ready to work on it.

you know, the cost of the door and labour is probably worth more than what the car is worth in this climate!!
    Thank you for your kind words of support

• Advertisement
Advertisement