Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers market in UL

Options
  • 24-11-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I heard that there is a farmers market on in UL, anybody know when/where in UL, and if its any good? (our family can never make the farmers market in town as we have too many activities on a Saturday morning....)
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Might be better to ask this question on the UL forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

every tuesday from around 12 till 5pm.

lots of different stuff: meat, cheese, fish, bakery, sweets, organic veg etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

Where in U.L is it held?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

courtyard at the stables (that grey building at the bus stop with the bookshop, pub, spar and students union)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks guys, perfect :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

there selling loads of crafts and pottery etc here today as well as the usual food stalls. There is quite a crowd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

UL is a farmers market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Happygolarry

Hey Guys,

Im a newbie! first post...ye haw. Checked out the farmers market last week, it wasnt as big as i thought it would be.:( But anywho hers the low down so far:

Sushi- not the same as what ya get in japan, in fact totally different, strange, but actually very tasty.

Coffee- got a good deal on it but realised after bout 3 days that bout 15 - 20 mins after drinking it i would get awful headaches. boo....and to add to this when i told the guy selling it this week he nearly freaked out and actually scared me.

Chocolate- bit dear but OMG was it to DIE FOR. Def recommend.:D

Fruit and veg- theres a lady there selling organic fruit and veg at good prices and quite nice too. plus ya know your not geting any toxins in your body.

Didnt buy this week as just left after the coffee guy experience but feck him im going back next week to try some other stalls and get some more chocolate...ummmm.

Will keep ye informed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey Guys,

Im a newbie! first post...ye haw. Checked out the farmers market last week, it wasnt as big as i thought it would be.:( But anywho hers the low down so far:

Sushi- not the same as what ya get in japan, in fact totally different, strange, but actually very tasty.

Coffee- got a good deal on it but realised after bout 3 days that bout 15 - 20 mins after drinking it i would get awful headaches. boo....and to add to this when i told the guy selling it this week he nearly freaked out and actually scared me.

Chocolate- bit dear but OMG was it to DIE FOR. Def recommend.:D

Fruit and veg- theres a lady there selling organic fruit and veg at good prices and quite nice too. plus ya know your not geting any toxins in your body.

Didnt buy this week as just left after the coffee guy experience but feck him im going back next week to try some other stalls and get some more chocolate...ummmm.

Will keep ye informed!

There's two r's in scarred - hope you heal up soon though :D

- I think fruit and veg toxins usually help stave off coffee headaches.......!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Happygolarry

Raiser wrote: »
    There's two r's in scarred - hope you heal up soon though :D

- I think fruit and veg toxins usually help stave off coffee headaches.......!!!

Thanks for the English lesson Raiser, but I meant scared as in frightened, which I think any girl would be with that scary man shouting the odds.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scared

Better luck next time.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Hangsangwich

LMAO!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Hangsangwich

TheLoc wrote: »
    UL is a farmers market

I mean laughing my ass off at this comment made by TheLoc
    And it's true. When I was there, it was definitely full of oddly-shaped vegetables, they were either organic or just first year Public Admin students.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

i love gingergirls stand - brownies are savage and banana and walnut bread is very nice.

and cant forget the guiness fudge!!!!!!!:D:cool::)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I mean laughing my ass off at this comment made by TheLoc
    And it's true. When I was there, it was definitely full of oddly-shaped vegetables, they were either organic or just first year Public Admin students.:D

Agree, UL is full of societies undesirables, but it's not as bad as LIT where the dress code is a Limerick jersey, a hurley and a T-square...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Agree, UL is full of societies undesirables, but it's not as bad as LIT where the dress code is a Limerick jersey, a hurley and a T-square...

It's been known to happen that some students would use the same instrument for both purposes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's rumoured that the market isn't going to take place over the summer, but I will post back next Tuesday to see if it's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

ninty9er wrote: »
    It's rumoured that the market isn't going to take place over the summer, but I will post back next Tuesday to see if it's happened.

Surely the UL staff are not taken off for the summer as well.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Surely the UL staff are not taken off for the summer as well.

A significant number of staff have contracts that run from September to May. The campus is still working but not to the same extent.

ninty9er wrote: »
    A significant number of staff have contracts that run from September to May. The campus is still working but not to the same extent.

They should give the lab technicians 8 month contracts as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Ill have you know Mr. Derek Daly that this Tuesday gone, gingergirls stand told me they were coming out for most of the summer provided busiess holds up. she seemed very optimistic about it. hopefully it will stay as ill be around a lot

Thats great. The goats cheese is delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Must admit I do like the mexican stand with the dips.

ULstudent wrote: »
    Ill have you know Mr. Derek Daly that this Tuesday gone, gingergirls stand told me they were coming out for most of the summer provided busiess holds up. she seemed very optimistic about it. hopefully it will stay as ill be around a lot

Someone should tell SU reception, because the manager was under the impression that Tuesday last week was going to be the last one until September. That turned out to be wrong, but a little info would help, considering University reception puts any query that isn't for a member of staff by name through to the SU.

Hi Ray
    It will run until the end of June and if there is sufficient support it will continue into July. We are hoping that local Castletroy residents might start using it during the time that the students are away.
    So pass the word around!

Caoilfhionn

If you have any more posters it might be worth putting them up in places like the Shopping Centre or Chawkes or the Golf Club.

My mam mentioned it to people at work and a few of them have come down. It seemed quieter around there today, I think people would even cross town over the summer if an arrangement could be come to with security to ignore parking permit violations on Tuesdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Not to dredge up an old thread but I was out at UL today and took a few pics.

I am visiting as many of the local markets and promoting them online for those of us looking for good value and variety.

The Ul market was small but still had a good selection that covered all the bases - Cheese - Bread - Cakes - Fish - Fruit and the major food group
    Chocolate!

Put the pics up on my Blog [ Here ]

Also it is expanding for the first 3 Tuesdays in Dec to include Crafts as well.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

there's also a farmers' market every Wednesday from 10-2 in the Parkway Shopping centre, for all of those who said they don't have time for the city weekend one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Niamh_ wrote: »
    there's also a farmers' market every Wednesday from 10-2 in the Parkway Shopping centre, for all of those who said they don't have time for the city weekend one.

Will Stick up the pics later.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Niamh_ wrote: »

I taught it was the Cresent Shopping Centre.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Advertisement