Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clamped...any success stories on appeal?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hey,

I got clamped this morning outside my house. Its permit parking between 8am and 8 pm. now the time on the ticket is 8:10am...do you think there is any point in appealing? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Do you have a permit? Is it expired/pending renewal/pending application etc? Is it public or private property? Is the clamp removed already or is it still on? Have you paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

*Cough* hacksaw *Cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

cormie wrote: »
    Do you have a permit? Is it expired/pending renewal/pending application etc? Is it public or private property? Is the clamp removed already or is it still on? Have you paid?

oh yeah obvious questions, i paid the fine, no i have no permit as im normally gone by 8am and rarely home before 6pm( should have said 6pm instead of 8pm). this was one of those mornings were i was running late and later due to the clamp! i know they give you 10 mins grace but i thought it was well harsh, i came out at 8:15!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

jon1981, I had similar problem. My car was parked opposite my Apartment building (around the corner which is not the official parking space) for almost 12 days. I was out of Ireland and when I came back, I saw my car clamped. Called company to remove clamp and they couldn't find record of clamp being put on and de-clamping was delayed by a day. Next morning I luckily found de-clamper just outside my apartment building and had to pay 365 euro for removing clamps. I still see everyday people parking car whole day and night same location where my car was parked. I appealed and not even got acknowledgement from the company. Not sure I can take legal action against them? Can someone shed some light on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pay the fine. The grace is not in writing. If you are late then it's perfectly ok for them to clamp, even though it's a biatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    jon1981, I had similar problem. My car was parked opposite my Apartment building (around the corner which is not the official parking space) for almost 12 days. I was out of Ireland and when I came back, I saw my car clamped. Called company to remove clamp and they couldn't find record of clamp being put on and de-clamping was delayed by a day. Next morning I luckily found de-clamper just outside my apartment building and had to pay 365 euro for removing clamps. I still see everyday people parking car whole day and night same location where my car was parked. I appealed and not even got acknowledgement from the company. Not sure I can take legal action against them? Can someone shed some light on this?

wow i didnt realise they charge you for everyday the clamp is on the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

jon1981 wrote: »
    wow i didnt realise they charge you for everyday the clamp is on the car!

I was charged lum-sum amount of 365 euros. Not sure though when my car was clamped during my 12 days parking period. And worst part is that I still see everyday car's parked on the same location day-night and never seen a single car clamped.

Advertisement