Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't connect bananna plugs to Onkyo amp or jamo speakers

• 24-11-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Guy's,
    I know this is probably a silly question but here it goes. Just bought Onkyo 606 and Jamo A102 HC S5 speakers, problem I'm having is I can't connect my speaker cable, I bought pre-terminated QED cable with 4mm bananna plugs, see link below, but I can't connect it to the amp or the speakers. Any help would be great, hopefully I don't have to cut off the bananna plugs:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1136

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

not too familiar with those speakers but i know the amp inside out. have you removed the protector caps from the sockets on the amp?? with the caps in place it looks like a small hole, but when you remove them you can fit 4mm plugs in them

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drayer

Hi Adam,
    thanks for the reply, do you mean the black & red twist screw, to unscrew this completely and push the plug straight into the back of the amp, I tried this but the screw-hole was too small, didn't want to force it as think I'd damage the connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

You do not need to unscrew the terminals as indicated on page 16 of the manual (online version).

Instead as moe, said, where you think you should put the banana plug is correct, its just there is a little cap inside that hole that needs to be removed.

Use a small screwdriver or screw and just insert it into that hole a little, tilt it up slightly, apply some pressure, and try to pull it out.

Slowly does it, and you should get them out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

when you look at the back of the amp, the screw terminals have a small black cap in them.. they can be bit tricky to remove but when they are out, you'll get 4mm plugs into them. make sure the screw terminals are all the way screwed into the amp

its kinda hard to describe! see me picture!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drayer

sorted, cheers adam appreciate your help.
    I used a screw, screwed it half way in to grip the black cap and then pulled it out. Cable plugs fitted straight in, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement