Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Door frames, do you match the door or the archatrive?

• 24-11-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I have a problem, I am putting walnut internal doors in my house, but in some rooms I want walnut skirting and archative and in others painted skirting and archatrive, if I have walnut doors with the walnut archatrive on one side and painted archatrive on the other, what colour door frames do I use?? Walnut or painted??? Do you think if I had walnut door frames and painted archatrive it would look odd??? HEELLLLLPPPP!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In my opinion, the skirting and architrave should match. So in the rooms where you have a painted skirting board you'd want to paint the architrave too.
    I have oak doors and painted skirting/architrave, and I think it shows off the doors very well. I have wooden floors so I thought that oak architraves and skirting would be overkill. Just my personal preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 newbuilder

Yeah, thats what I was thinking so the rooms that I have walnut floors, I want to put the painted skirting and archatrive. Its just that in some rooms, one side of the door in one room it will have painted archatrive and skirting and the other side of the door in another room it will have walnut archatrive and skirting, so I'll have to put a walnut door frame. I'm just wondering do you think that a walnut door frame with a painted archatrive will look ok?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I see your dilemma, and unfortunately it's something that you won't know until you try it. If it's any help, we painted all our skirting and architraves/door surrounds cream and it's very effective. It's a question of what you like personally though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Paint the half of the door frame you can see from the side with the painted archs and skirts, as far as where the door stop is. Trying to line off the archs onto a walnut frame will just look odd and the door won't stand out as much.
    The correct way to finish a split door frame like this is for the internal hinge side of the frame to match the room it can be seen from (ie, either walnut or paint)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 newbuilder

Thanks for that, interesting . . . . . . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement