Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 hardrive 120

Options
  • 24-11-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hi everybody

after the realease of the the new update
    i was thinking about upgrading my hardrive to 120 or above from what iv read if you want to upgrade above 120gig then you have to get a modchip

iv been looking at prices and for a real xbox hardrive the going rate seems to be abou 120 euro although gamestop said that they sometimes had secondhand 120 gigs for 56 euros

any ideas where to get the cheapest hardrive

microsoft or rebuilt
    i mean whats the best option

thanks any information would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

hi everybody

after the realease of the the new update
    i was thinking about upgrading my hardrive to 120 or above from what iv read if you want to upgrade above 120gig then you have to get a modchip

iv been looking at prices and for a real xbox hardrive the going rate seems to be abou 120 euro although gamestop said that they sometimes had secondhand 120 gigs for 56 euros

any ideas where to get the cheapest hardrive

microsoft or rebuilt
    i mean whats the best option

thanks any information would be great

You said that gamestop sometimes have secondhand 120gigs for 56euro. That sounds like great value but I cant imagine why anyone would trade one in (at least a working one:D). If that came with the migration cable then it would be a real bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

its great value but finding them the hard part. im going to ring round to find which branches have them in stock. gamestop said that there rumors of a larger hardrive now the nxe out.
    this could mean that i could stick in 500gig format it to a 120 and when m$ release the larger drive get it to reconise the bigger drive.

its great value but finding them the hard part. im going to ring round to find which branches have them in stock. gamestop said that there rumors of a larger hardrive now the nxe out.
    this could mean that i could stick in 500gig format it to a 120 and when m$ release the larger drive get it to see the bigger drive.

so that my dilemma:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I don't think its that simple. Afaik the way the drive upgrade trick works is you get a Western Digital laptop drive that's essentially the same model (and capacity) as the 120GB 360 drive and replace its firmware with Xbox 360 firmware. I imagine that if you put firmware from a 120GB drive on a larger drive it probably wouldn't work at all.

Microsoft really are charging stupid money for this, considering how cheap a 120GB drive can be bought from in single units. When they buy them in their thousands you know they're getting bulk discounts.

o i know its not that simple but it might be possible if you choose your drive right

• Advertisement
Advertisement