Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson- camera won't work

• 24-11-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've a Sony Ericsson K810i. Problem- it won't take photos, when I press camera button the green light comes on (this indicates there's no problem with the button I'd guess) but it won't actually take the photo.
    I bought handset on Ebay about 6 months ago so can't return it.
    The camera has worked perfectly up until this issue. (although 1 complaint has been the lag when taking a pic or even the failure to take it- very annoying)

any ideas? Should I dismantle and reassemble or just bring to a mobile repair shop?

Do problems like this occur a lot, I had a SE before and the camera just died

Cheers,
    Patrick
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've a Sony Ericsson K810i. Problem- it won't take photos, when I press camera button the green light comes on (this indicates there's no problem with the button I'd guess) but it won't actually take the photo.

any ideas? Should I dismantle and reassemble?

Cheers,
    Patric.

Get a Nokia, problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Hi,

any ideas? Should I dismantle and reassemble?

Cheers,
    Patric.

I've had 5 Sony Ericsson handsets over the past 4 years and can't recommend them enough. I've never had an issue with the camera on any of them.

A few questions:

1. How long have you had the handset?
    2. When did you buy it?
    3. Did you buy it sim-free or from a network on contract/prepay?
    4. Did the camera ever work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Apologies for pointing out the obvious, but just in case you missed it and this is your problem. When you initially press the shutter button the camera takes a second or two to focus your picture. You get a green dot and little beep when it's focused. You then have to push the shutter button down further to actually take the photo. In other words the shutter button has two positions - light pressure on the button to focus and a bit more to actually take the picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭dinneenp

cheers- I get the green light and have tried soft press, hard press etc. but it won't go past the green light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Could it be something as stupid as you've run out of disk space ?

Try deleting a few existing photos and see if it works.

• Advertisement

I deleted all photos- fixed issue. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

You're welcome.

There's only about 70Mb free on the phone normally, which is probably only enough to store about 90 photos I reckon.

I bought a 4Gb card M2 card so space isn't an issue anymore.

Feck!
    Problem is back again, this time I can't even take 1 pic. The green light still comes on but it won't take a pic or video.
    phone memory 72MB free
    Memory Stick 1945MB free......
    I'm guessing it's wire/connection or something?
    Anyone any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you should be able to take a photo by pressing the enter button, it'll focus and take the photo in one action. it does on my k800i anyway.

if it works with that button but not the normal one, it most likely means the button is broken and you should send it for repair

edit: or if you can live with pressing enter instead of the camera button don't bother doing anything :)

Enter button- that works! Thanks.
    I won't bother sending it for repairs since I bought it on Ebay...

• Advertisement

Enter button- that works! Thanks.
    I won't bother sending it for repairs since I bought it on Ebay...

i know you said you wouldn't bother but if you want you can send it to mprc and they'll fix it for free if it's still under manufacturers warranty. they don't need a receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

They probably wont fix it,as the K810 was never released in Ireland.

I that had the same fault on my K800i for a few days, just pressed the enter or 5 button and that seemed to get around it

billbond4 wrote: »
    They probably wont fix it,as the K810 was never released in Ireland.
    that doesn't really matter, it's a manufacturers warranty and that doesn't get invalidated because you didn't buy it in ireland. i gave them a danish 6280 once.

they might not have the equipment to fix a k810i but i doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Thats good to know, I sent a SE G900 off to the UK to get fixed today.

As the last time I had a fault on an SE phone, (K750i) Sigma Telecom sent the phone off to the UK,so I ended up waiting a month and a half to get the phone, as they couldnt fix the fault.

Advertisement