Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midweek champions leauge time again

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

im going for arsenal inter and i hope i dont regret this . liverpool .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Hi guys, I haven't been on here for a bit. But unfortunatley still betting and losing more than winning. Had bad run from weekend which was compounded by Everton's inept performance last night.

So looking at The Arsenal tonight, I remember watching Kiev against Drogheda and they were no world beaters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Fenerbahce @ 2.36 at home to Porto looks a nice one to have in any accumulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Chelsea/Barca double tomorrow night - pays around 3-1 which isnt bad considering they are probably the 2 best teams in Europe at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Going for a Man U/Celtic double.

Both lightly tipped for a with in the Racing post.

Works out about 6.25

• Registered Users Posts: 45,414 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Going for a Man U/Celtic double.

Both lightly tipped for a with in the Racing post.

Works out about 6.25

wouldnt touch that in a million years.

united to draw and celtic to lose. not sure of odds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chelsea really should see off Bordeaux, I don't bet on Pool as a rule but the Marseille back line is in bits. Bate-Real could be "interesting" Real are playing like drains but somehow scraping 1-0 wins. A BATE +2 could be value in accu.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Went with

Real
    Atletico
    Arsenal
    Barcelona
    Inter
    Roma

Came out at roughly 16-1 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Juve could be a worth a bet at 3-1, they are on fire at the moment and will like to secure top spot while they can. 11-1 at -1 if anyone is feeling lucky. :p

Think i am going to stick with the english leagues tonight tho

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

went for a total gamble.. have been pickin really bad lately so didn't put much thought into it at all..

chelsea 8/11
    barca 11/10
    madrid 4/7
    juve 3/1 ( fingers crossed :D )

22/1 accum.. ha and trebles from four side bet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Juventus @4.4 Betfair,nice odds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

AaB v Celtic
    Fenerbahce v FC Porto
    Fiorentina v Lyon
    Villarreal v Man Utd
    Zenit St Petersburg v Juventus

all draws

3euro by five four-timers
    5euro five-timer

total 20euro, gambooolllllll, good luck all

edit thanks holdemfoldem, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭holdemfoldem

BHW wrote: »
    AaB v Celtic
    Fenerbahce v FC Porto
    Fiorentina v Lyon
    Villarreal v Man Utd
    Zenit St Petersburg v Juventus

3euro by five four-timers
    5euro five-timer

total 20euro, gambooolllllll, good luck all

out of those matches what side/ result you take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

county wrote: »
    Juventus @4.4 Betfair,nice odds

Juve are through and are sending a second string team to Russia. It's also worth noting that Juve have a network of Italian clubs who they loan players to so most of their best reserve players are elsewhere (like Criscito at Genoa)

Think Zenit will win, Juve are missing 7 first teamers ! Plus the snow is belting down, prob suit the home team Id presume.

United will draw with Villereal as a draw puts both teams through;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Zenit V Juventus Zenit 2.16

Juve are have qualified with a home tie to come against Bate. The snow is pelting down. Lets not foget Zenit are a really good attacking team - haven't spakled in this competition but a win today put's them right back in the mix. The odds have gone out and had to have a piece of 6/5

Millwall v Carlisle Millwall 1.9

Millwall are currently 4th in League one and are just 2 points off the top.They face a Carlisle side lying in 16th place and have won their last 2 games both at home against a Brighton side that hadnt won in 5 away games. Their away form is poor to say the least and they have lost 6 in a row failing to score in their last 3. Millwall won this fixture 3-0 last season and 2-0 the season before and at the attractive odds I have no hesitation in backing Millwall to win this game 10/11

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Celtic to finally break that away day nonsense. 6/4 to win at Aalborg. I wouldn't say the Danish league is that far ahead of the Scottish one.

Couple English games i like as well. May as well stick them in here. Southend to win at Cheltenham. Cheltenham are terrible, seriously. That's 7/5.

Hereford to surprise MK Dons? 7/1 with Ladbrokes. League One shouldn't have prices like that IMO. Dons are better away from home too.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    wouldnt touch that in a million years.

united to draw and celtic to lose. not sure of odds

woo hoo !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

had aalborg and celtic to draw in a accum bloody all up bar that!, celtic cant even draw away from home let alone win!!:p

Think tonight is a better night tonight with no team really sure of qualifying as top of the group or getting thru for that matter.
    I have mixed the following:
    Roma
    Chelsea
    Barca
    liverpool
    A. Madrid
    Werder
    Inter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Bordeaux v Chelsea Chelsea 1.79

This has to be a Chelsea win. They know progress will be secured if they win and then they can rest players for there last game, which they should win anyway. They already bet Bordeaux at the Bridge 4-0. Anywhere next or near that level should be more than enough here. Also to note like all top teams they will be eager to recover after there stale scoreless draw with Newcastle at the weekend and Bordeaux may be the victims. Im gonna also take a chance on 0 - 2 being the correct scoreline

Anorthosis Famagusta v Werder Bremen Over 2.5 goals @ 1.75

Seems a fairly obvious choice for a Bremen match but overs look good to me. A loss for Werder in this match would end their champions league hopes and a Famagusta loss would mean they'd need to beat Panathinaikos away in their final match while hoping for Inter to beat Bremen at the Weserstadion.

The average goals per game in a Bremen match in the league this season is 4.14, however in the champions league this drops to 2.25. 10 of their last 14 games have been overs.

• Advertisement

Roma are the bet of the night

Bordeaux v Chelsea Chelsea 1.79

This has to be a Chelsea win. They know progress will be secured if they win and then they can rest players for there last game, which they should win anyway. They already bet Bordeaux at the Bridge 4-0. Anywhere next or near that level should be more than enough here. Also to note like all top teams they will be eager to recover after there stale scoreless draw with Newcastle at the weekend and Bordeaux may be the victims. Im gonna also take a chance on 0 - 2 being the correct scoreline

Anorthosis Famagusta v Werder Bremen Over 2.5 goals @ 1.75

Seems a fairly obvious choice for a Bremen match but overs look good to me. A loss for Werder in this match would end their champions league hopes and a Famagusta loss would mean they'd need to beat Panathinaikos away in their final match while hoping for Inter to beat Bremen at the Weserstadion.

The average goals per game in a Bremen match in the league this season is 4.14, however in the champions league this drops to 2.25. 10 of their last 14 games have been overs.

I did these two and added A.Madrid and Inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I did a 50cent lucky 15.

Torres 10/3
    Quaresma 8/1
    Lampard 6/1
    Aguero 4/1
    all to score first.

Also have a couple of eurits each on Torres first, Liverpool 3-0 and Liverpool 3-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Inter
    Atletico
    Shakhtar

7/1

ah chelsea fooked me up badly, had 30euro fivefold with athletico, roma, barcelona and liverpool, would have paid me 450, very nice for the weekend! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Well managed to lose all my seed of 150 on Inter and Atletico Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Roma are the bet of the night

+1, only had €5 on them though - the PP account isn't as voluptuous as it has been!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well i had a stinking midweek's betting anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭cmcsoft

Celtic let me down again......dose for €80 from 8/1

• Advertisement
Advertisement