Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilkenny Chess Congress this weekend

• 24-11-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭

normally one of the biggest events on the Irish calendar.

Rumour has it that the Bunratty tournament may be threatened due to the uncertain future of Fitzpatrick's hotel, so this might in fact be by far the biggest tournament left.

I don't know what foreign players are expected but the tournament usually attracts most of Ireland's best.

Entry details (.doc)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Lost all time for this competition when I finished with 5/6 in the under 1200 section and got a grand prize of 20 quid. Good city but shocking venue and not a patch on Bunratty or Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Spot on Bubs but there's always good craic down there. Not playing but might head down for the Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Will be there hopefully. Been suffering from some sort of sickness the last few days but hopefully it will pass by tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

tournament was a success I think, though it was marred by an incident away from the tournament -- Kilkenny can be quite a rough place.

English GM Tony Kosten won it, I think the next few places also went to English players. I scored 3/6 which I was pretty happy with.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Lost all time for this competition when I finished with 5/6 in the under 1200 section and got a grand prize of 20 quid. Good city but shocking venue and not a patch on Bunratty or Galway

Same thing happend to me a few years ago in the u/1200 in KK i finished second with 5/6 and got €20 also. didnt even cover the entry fee. I still enjoy this tournament all the same and go every year. Been in the James mason for the past few years. good craic the rooms can be very warm tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

RoundTower wrote: »
    tournament was a success I think, though it was marred by an incident away from the tournament -

You talking about what happened to Dan? Any juicy details? I've only heard 3rd hand reports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Bubs101 wrote: »
    You talking about what happened to Dan? Any juicy details? I've only heard 3rd hand reports
    nothing worth posting on the internet, ask me if you see me. He's fine btw.

Advertisement