Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick VRT question, I want to give them more than I should...

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Okay, story goes I went to pay for VRT around 3 weeks ago, could not as I was missing one part of the documents, I now have it but the thing is my Statistical Code has expired.

I already had the Bank Draft ready to go for the amount on the statistical code 3 weeks ago, but the price has come down by 14 euro on my car after 3 weeks on the VRT calculator....

I don't really want to waste my time in the bank getting the bank draft cancelled and re-done etc as I have to go to my branch and it's out of the way...so do you think they will accept the original bank draft and stat code that is 14 euro more than I would now need to pay? Tried to phone them but can't get through...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

just try it?

They could donate the over-pay to the recession fund :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Did you do a calculation recently ??
    Figure may have changed .......

Otherwise tell them to 'keep the change' They wont mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A €14 donation towards the Biffo crisis fund.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is the draft marked "NOT OVER" or a full amount? When I got a draft last it was printed as "not over 14,000.50" rather than the 14,000 I'd asked for, in theory at least it was adjustable down, or up (by 50c!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

It is marked as not over.....if I could get through to them I could ask if it is okay, so 'not over' means they will just debit the said amount?...

And yes the 14 euro could go towards the 'crisis' fund, I don't mind, the time spent sorting it out would cost me more! Ha ha.

Advertisement