Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA Breakdown Car Hire Cover

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:48pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

I broke down yesterday evening when I was meant to be driving Cork-Maynooth. So I called the AA and their guy couldnt fix it there so he towed the car to a garage for me and I requested a Car Hire as I am covered by their rescue plus. So they contacted Enterprise and Enterprise contacted me. While giving all my details the Enterprise guy then asked my age, when I said i was 24 he informed me that he could not give me a car as I needed to be 25 or over to get a car outside of business hours. Now they did offer me a car at 8am the following morning but I would have been late getting back to College, so I had to borrow a friends Car. I think it is ridiculous that I have had this cover for 3 years and at any time if I had broken down (I usually drive to Maynooth at around 2/3am) I would have been left stranded due to no rental. no public transport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Maybe this is a wild idea but....complain to the AA?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Have done, all i get is that "most" car Hire Companies can not arrange a Car for under 25's outside Business Hours. Seems ridiculous. They rang me earlier to check "level of service" and i gave the guy a what for on how ive been paying for rescue plus for 3 years and now that i try use it I cannot due to my age when no age restrictions are listed on the policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It does say in their T&C's that your age may be a problem...
    A hire car cannot be provided where the requirements of the car hire company cannot be met by you. The availability of a driving licence and the age of the driver can restrict the AA’s ability to procure a hire car.

Read them again...

Terms & Conditions

Advertisement