Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHOWER PROBLEM PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi hope someone can help me, the shower recently has been making this like heavy grinding noise its like sounds like gravel noise maybe the motor or something the model is a Triton T90si pumped electric shower. So at the moment its just cold water coming out the water is getting warm, so we dont leave it on as the noise it is making at the moment sounds like its going to explode. If anyone has any advice on this I would be very grateful, many thanks, yours in hope of a hot Shower:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

SPARTAN33 wrote: »
    Hi hope someone can help me, the shower recently has been making this like heavy grinding noise its like sounds like gravel noise maybe the motor or something the model is a Triton T90si pumped electric shower. So at the moment its just cold water coming out the water is getting warm, so we dont leave it on as the noise it is making at the moment sounds like its going to explode. If anyone has any advice on this I would be very grateful, many thanks, yours in hope of a hot Shower:(

At a quick guess, five possibilities occur to me: 1) the shower head pipe inner rubber liner has collapsed, stopping or restricting the outlet flow -- try unscrewing it from the control box and see if you still get the noise. If all then OK buy a repacement pipe. 2) There is a restriction in the cold water feed which should be coming direct off the mains. If the flow is restricted it could cause the pump to cavitate and make a lot of noise. Make sure any water valves are fully open. 3) check the filter in the control box - it's immediately below the pump close to where the water feed pipe enters. Unscrew the cap (turning the water off first of course!!) and clean it if it's blocked. 4) The pump or the motor could be banjaxed. It's easy enough to take out and examine for damage. If it is busted, you could try www.showerdoc.co.uk for spares. Also take a look at their web site for diagrams of the shower box internals. 5) Someone might have turned the temperature control up way past its maximum setting. Electric showers usually regulate the temperature by increasing or decereasing the flow of water through the heater, and if the temp has been turned up too high the flow of water will be insufficient to operate the pressure switch to the heater, hence no hot water and potentially a noisy pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Is it under two years old? You might be still under warranty.

Advertisement