Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OMSP

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

Hello,

quick question.

I checked a car on ros.ie and found the OMSP apparently grossly overstated.

It is a 2004 C220DCI Automatic Estate Avantgarde SE Sport with 66k miles.
    The car in question is advertised for £10k which is as of today €11750.74. Equivalent cars in the republic are advertised for about €20k-€21k.
    OMSP stated on ros.ie however is €26400!!!

Is there anything one can do about this? Or do I have to be prepared the pay the €7386 VRT based on the €26400 (28%)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

realcam wrote: »
    Hello,

quick question.

I checked a car on ros.ie and found the OMSP apparently grossly overstated.

It is a 2004 C220DCI Automatic Estate Avantgarde SE Sport with 66k miles.
    The car in question is advertised for £10k which is as of today €11750.74. Equivalent cars in the republic are advertised for about €20k-€21k.
    OMSP stated on ros.ie however is €26400!!!

Is there anything one can do about this? Or do I have to be prepared the pay the €7386 VRT based on the €26400 (28%)?

There is an appeal process but you have to pay the over valued OMSP first and then appeal. The VRO will require solid proof that the OMSP is actually overvalued for the appeal to be successful.

More info here:
    http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leaflets/vrt6.htm

Advertisement