Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Red Flashing Led lights on trucks

Options
  • 24-11-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Im concerned about rear red flashing led's I have seen popping up on trucks all over the country.

Red, blue and green flashing lights are reserved for the emergency services only.

Why are trucks allowed to install these red flashing leds which are quite annoying when driving behind them. I was driving behind a Mr Binman truck today outside of Limerick with 12 flashing Led which were all mostly flashing in different modes of strobe.

Thoughts?

ROTR say its not allowed

http://www.rotr.ie/your-licence-and-vehicle/vehicle-safety/lights-reflectors.html

"You must not fit blue or red flashing lights which are solely reserved for Gardaí, ambulance and other designated service vehicles. See www.transport.ie for details."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I keep seeing bright blue lights on the front of some artics lately and from a distance they look like a Garda car, very annoying and lots of unnecassary slowing down on my part!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

murphym7 wrote: »
    I keep seeing bright blue lights on the front of some artics lately and from a distance they look like a Garda car, very annoying and lots of unnecassary slowing down on my part!

They are actually white led's. The colour is close to natural light and our retinas pick this up as blue but if you hold it to a piece of paper its pure white.

All my cars interior lights and white led's which are much much brighter.

These are the same type of DLR's that Audi have but a little cheaper.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

They are actually white led's. The colour is close to natural light and our retinas pick this up as blue but if you hold it to a piece of paper its pure white.

All my cars interior lights and white led's which are much much brighter.

These are the same type of DLR's that Audi have but a little cheaper.

These arent the normal bright white LED's. They are pure blue. Not like the normal Xenon white ones. Ive noticed them and they are very misleading..

Advertisement