Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

yellow license plates

Options
  • 24-11-2008 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Just saw a car with a yellow rear plate 05 KE XXXX, are these legal?
    why would someone have a yellow plate, the old theory back in the 80's was that you stood out less when up north, is this still the case?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yes they are illegal to use in the south from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Illegal, and entirely pointless up north up - I've parked my (old) 04-KE car on Sandy Row with white plates; and in Banbridge town centre of a weekend night.

To not stand out you'd also need an illegal (no euroband, county name, etc) white front plate too anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I think people just put these plates on because it is suppose to make you look better...I honestly believe thats the reason and a silly one at that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

To the best of my knowledge, unnecessary stickers are illegal as well..
    Hmmm.. I wonder are all of those playboy sticker's necessary
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I hate yellow plates.

Think they look horrible and have no idea why anyone would actually want them on their cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

One thing I love about going home is not seeing yellow number plates everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

These plates are illegal. There are standards set for number plates here and I wonder why the police dont stop people with these plates and make them change. Also the ones with italic letters and fancy lettering these are also illegal. Try reading one of these from a distance if you had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭budweiserfrogie

Yellow plates are standard British colour. Either they say "I'm British" from some1 who has moved here from britain or maybe they say "I'm Cool" from some1 who likes the colour yellow or just wants to look different. Either way they are still illigal and look kinda silly with an irish registration number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

r3nu4l wrote: »
    One thing I love about going home is not seeing yellow number plates everywhere...

Thats because the cars are so filthy here, that you can't see the plates on the majority of them, mine included:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

ZygOte wrote: »
    Just saw a car with a yellow rear plate 05 KE XXXX, are these legal?
    why would someone have a yellow plate, the old theory back in the 80's was that you stood out less when up north, is this still the case?

Should the garages who make them not be prosecuted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

pa990 wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge, unnecessary stickers are illegal as well..
    Hmmm.. I wonder are all of those playboy sticker's necessary
    :)

Bah humbug. Akin to fashion police.

Advertisement