Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power shower vs Water Pump shower in new build

• 24-11-2008 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im not sure if this is in the right forum or not so forgive me if its wrong,
    Anyway we are building our house at the moment and need to choose our shower this week,
    We want to put an electric shower in our ensuite and then 2 other (not electric) showers in the other ensuite and main bathroom,
    We have in the past been told to install a water pump in the hot press to feed pressure into the 2 showers, which then could be normal chrome built in showers,
    However our plumber said that we should forget the water pump idea and just install 2 power showers he called them,
    When we were in the bathroom shop at the weekend the girl said that if we done this we couldnt use any of the 3 showers at once, as the electricity wouldnt be able for it,
    So then i rang the plumber back and he said he meant not 2 electric power showers, just 2 power showers and we could use them together!
    Im totally new at all this so i was just wondering who is correct here, and what is the best thing to do???
    Sorry for the long drawn out post and apologies if im in the wrong forum
    Thanks anyway

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Power showers are great but 2 on at the same time will use a lot of hot water.
    Power showers are ideal for solar panels - free hot water etc.

One electric shower is a good ideal.
    It is possible to have two electric showers but both can not be used at the same time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

When we built our house we were told we couldn't use 2 power showers (that heat the water also) at the same time. So we put the power shower in the main bathroom and the pump shower in our ensuite, the reason being that you need hot water for the pump shower, and if you have none you can use the power shower in the main bathroom. You don't want guests, etc using your ensuite if there's no hot water for the pump shower. Also if you have teenagers or adult kids, they can shower to their heart's content with the power shower and not run out of hot water.
    It's worked out very well for us, and both can be used at the same time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ashfield

thanks for those replies,

so im guessing that with 2 power showers, not 2 electric showers, it is possible to use them both together but it would use up a huge amount of hot water and therefore reduce the duration of the hot shower??

This seems to be a lot cheaper than getting a water pump and then 2 normal showers, but is it a better overall option??

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

When you say power showers I think of the ones that heat the water too (we have a Triton T90) and we were told you can't use two of these at the same time because of the electricity.
    You can definitely use 2 of the ones that pump your own hot water at once though, or one of each type.

When you say power showers I think of the ones that heat the water too (we have a Triton T90) and we were told you can't use two of these at the same time because of the electricity.
    You can definitely use 2 of the ones that pump your own hot water at once though, or one of each type.

Ya i thought the same when i heard of power showers, ie i thought electric showers,
    Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭willbur

hi if your house is two story just use gravity hot and cold feed to the shower on the ground floor the pressure will be great, and put in two electric showers up stairs using a 40amp no/nc/ contactor fitted to the fuseboard via 40amp rdc, and switched using 5amp pullcord switches it means you can have a shower anytime without waiting for hot water also if the pump breaks you have two showersout of action i do this as part of my job

willbur wrote: »
    hi if your house is two story just use gravity hot and cold feed to the shower on the ground floor the pressure will be great, and put in two electric showers up stairs using a 40amp no/nc/ contactor fitted to the fuseboard via 40amp rdc, and switched using 5amp pullcord switches it means you can have a shower anytime without waiting for hot water also if the pump breaks you have two showersout of action i do this as part of my job

The house is two storey alright but all the showers are upstairs
    Im not the best with all that jargon, thanks for the advice

Advertisement