Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

America's Game

• 24-11-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

The '99 Rams. The greatest show on turf.

What's your favourite? 23 votes

'01 Patriots
    0% 0 votes
    '87 Rdskins
    30% 7 votes
    '99 Rams
    4% 1 vote
    '72 Dolphins
    17% 4 votes
    '05 Steelers
    8% 2 votes
    '97 Broncos
    8% 2 votes
    '96 Packers
    0% 0 votes
    '85 Bears
    0% 0 votes
    '71 Cowboys
    30% 7 votes
    Other, please state...
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Has to be the '72 Fins, only unbeaten team.

Decisions decisions.

The Packers team in the early 40s, with Hutson and coached by Lambeau?

The Packers team that won the Superbowl in 1967 and 68?

Think a lot of Packers fans go with the team of 1962, Starr, Nitschke and co.

Its a Packers team anyway...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Jets '69 easily.

Broadway Joe, huge underdogs...c'mon;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Decisions decisions.

The Packers team in the early 40s, with Hutson and coached by Lambeau?

The Packers team that won the Superbowl in 1967 and 68?

Think a lot of Packers fans go with the team of 1962, Starr, Nitschke and co.

Its a Packers team anyway...:cool:

This thread is about the TV show America's Game, it's only about Superbowl winners, 40's and early 60's had nothing to do with the Superbowl. I assume its about which show you thought was the best and not just which team you thought was best. Correct me if I'm wrong faulk28?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I love America's game but the problem of this series for me is the fact they need to stop making episodes for a while

What I love about this series is the fact that the older episodes feature the key players such as Dwight Clark or Manny Fernandez who are able to recall with appreciation and clarity the scale of their Superbowl achievement in the case that an Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisburger couldn't. It personally for me would have been far more entertaining had they kept the Giants 07 episode until 20 years late where Michael Strahan would have had time to digest the enormity of the achievement.

Having got that mini rant out of the way yes I've recently watched a lot of the "Missing Rings episodes". Loved the 1981 Chargers episode with Kellen Winslow and Hank Bauer telling the story of the rise of Air Coryell + the -59F Freezer bowl and the 1969 Vikings episode with Joe Kapp who has to be one of the craziest characters in Pro Football history'!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

This thread is about the TV show America's Game, it's only about Superbowl winners, 40's and early 60's had nothing to do with the Superbowl. I assume its about which show you thought was the best and not just which team you thought was best. Correct me if I'm wrong faulk28?
    Yes, you're correct jamiesboy86. Apologies for any confusion caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I havent seen many of them, but the 05' steelers show taught me one things, while Joey Porter is gigantic cock, he did alot of cool things as a team-mate for the bus.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    I love America's game but the problem of this series for me is the fact they need to stop making episodes for a while

What I love about this series is the fact that the older episodes feature the key players such as Dwight Clark or Manny Fernandez who are able to recall with appreciation and clarity the scale of their Superbowl achievement in the case that an Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisburger couldn't. It personally for me would have been far more entertaining had they kept the Giants 07 episode until 20 years late where Michael Strahan would have had time to digest the enormity of the achievement.

Having got that mini rant out of the way yes I've recently watched a lot of the "Missing Rings episodes". Loved the 1981 Chargers episode with Kellen Winslow and Hank Bauer telling the story of the rise of Air Coryell + the -59F Freezer bowl and the 1969 Vikings episode with Joe Kapp who has to be one of the craziest characters in Pro Football history'!

Where have you seen the "Missing Rings" episodes? Have they been broadcast already? I agree with you on the older episodes of America's Game too. They newer ones sometimes don't really give the players time for it to sink in fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

faulk28 wrote: »
    Where have you seen the "Missing Rings" episodes? Have they been broadcast already? y.

As far as I know SKY hasn't broadcasted them but I've used Torrents to watch the episodes. Just google Ten yard Torrents and you'll find it.

Hope I'm okay in terms of talking about this stuff here...

Sea Devils wrote: »
    As far as I know SKY hasn't broadcasted them but I've used Torrents to watch the episodes. Just google Ten yard Torrents and you'll find it.quote]

Sound, I'll look it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

1981 Raiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Definitely the Pats 02, someone picked the 99 rams and called them the greatest show on turf and the pats beat the greatest show on turf. It woud have been a really easy win too except for the dodge fourth quarter performance, well except for brady marching up the field with time running out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MrDap

2001 Ravens,awesome defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

2007 Giants

I don't know if they've shown it on Sky but they did have it posted on the Giants website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

faulk28 wrote: »
    The '99 Rams. The greatest show on turf.

There's something about the Rams' swagger that year that made it such a good show. Like, you know we're going to throw it, but we're going to throw it anyway. For 400 yards.

And the Faulk 28 jersey hanging in my wardrobe upstairs pretty much explains why that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

68 Jets. What the win meant for the fledging Afl, Broadway Joe's gaurantee, massive underdogs, it's a great story. All the episodes are class,its an amazing show. Is there a box-set available this side of the Atlantic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

There is:

5c45_1.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

'87 skins - remember being sent to bed (as an 11 year) when the SKins were 10-0 down totally downtrodden. Nice surprse the next morning....

Advertisement