Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with photo dimensions?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I hope I have the right forum.

I need to submit a photograph with an online form but there are lots of requirements:

-it must be a jpeg
    -file size must be under 240 KB
    -resolution must be 600 pixels high by 600 pixels wide
    -image colour depth must be 24-bit

My question is, how do I do this?! Do I do it in Photoshop or can I adjust the settings on my camera to do so? I have several problems: the photos I did take and put on my computer are over 800KB (i know i can lower this by lowering the res on the camera though), but as regards fulfilling the other requirements, if I bring it into Photoshop and alter the settings (though i'm still not sure what I'd be doing) then it's no longer a jpeg but a psd document ..or can I export it as .jpg?

The requirements also state that the image cannot be stretched, but if I need to make it 600pi x 600pi will that not stretch it anyway?

As regards the image colour depth, I haven't a clue what it is automatically but the settings in Photoshop CS only offer me up to 16-bit, no option of 24 at all...

Any help appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Photoshop can do it, or picasa.

Dont do it at the camera, keep the camera in the high res and snap away.Open the pic in photoshop. The original should be over 600p so open a new file and state the size as 600 * 600. Now move the pic into this blank canvas and resize or crop as needed. Click file>save as and choose jpg, then it will allow you to select the size of the file.
    I cant imagine why they demand the 24-bit but there is a way to change it to that in photoshop I just cant remember off the top of my head

Advertisement