Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Fastest Broadband In ENNISCORTHY/WEXFORD

Options
  • 24-11-2008 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

hey im currently on 3mb on eircom ( which is good for browsing but I want faster bband like a lot of ppl to use it for downloading/uploading, just wanting to know does anyone know who has the best/fastest broadband for my town?

thx :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That's pretty much it. There's no cable broadband in the town, no LLU on the exchange, and only Permanet have any kind of wireless in the area, and I don't believe they run anything faster than 2-3M. I'm not even sure if it covers Enniscorthy, the closest mast is South of Wexford town, with another one between New Ross and Waterford.

O2 and Vodafone have decent enough coverage around the town, but at 3.6M, it's no real improvement.

Count yourself lucky you can even get that. My sister is 5 miles out of the town, and can get nothing at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

:) just rang my cousin @ the other side of town hes on bt and he gets 7.6 mb

bt here I come :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

akenny01 wrote: »
    :) just rang my cousin @ the other side of town hes on bt and he gets 7.6 mb

bt here I come :D lol
    If you are on Eircoms highest home package you should be on 7.6 too.
    Might be the case that you are already on the 7.6 and just don't know it because your line can't handle anymore.

nah im only on the 3mb package, im sure i could get 7 as im basiclly on the same line as my cousin, but I read a good lot about ppl not getting full 7meg on eircom on here :(

nah im only on the 3mb package, im sure i could get 7 as im basiclly on the same line as my cousin, but I read a good lot about ppl not getting full 7meg on eircom on here :(

If you signed up to the 3mbit longer than a few months ago you are actually on the 7.6mbit package now. If its the case that you are only getting 3mbit on the 7.6mbit package you're aren't going to get any higher no matter which provider you are with.

• Advertisement

well the ppl next door are on 7.6 on bt :)

and I Just checked im on the 2mb package, they giving 3mb speeds for the moment for some reason :S but we can av 7

and I Just checked im on the 2mb package, they giving 3mb speeds for the moment for some reason :S but we can av 7

They are giving 3mbit speeds on 2mbit package because it was upgraded some months ago. The old 2mbit has gone to 3 and the old 3 has gone to 7.6mbit. Eircom and all the Eircom dsl resellers (BT,Vodafone,UTV, Digiweb etc.) can provide 7.6mbit now assuming your individual line is good enough.

2 was upgraded to 3, 3 was upgraded to 7.6, as long as the line can handle it. Do not go to BT, they are the worst company in the world, in all aspects of their business. You could upgrade you eircom connection to 7.6M, or go with another reseller, as long as you're not currently inside the minimum contract period with eircom (6 or 12 months usually).

im not sure m8, i wana get away from eircom any who, i've read countless times of ppl getting 7.6 mb ( when told it can go on there line) and only get 3-4mb speeds, and ended up switching to BT, Ill have to have a try I Guess, thanks for the answers ;)

BT just re-sell eircom. So whatever they can provide, is coming from eircom anyway, so they'll all be the same.

You have been warned about BT, and trust me, it's not a warning to take lightly. The choice is yours after that.

• Advertisement

:confused: dno, all my mates are on bt and actually get the full speed they pay for

anyone know if 24 mb is coming to wexford any time soon with BT ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Login into the router and check what speed your syncing at.

BT just re-sell eircom so i think you should forget about " all your mates getting 7.6MB from BT " , its totally distance / line state dependent.

Advertisement