Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice in advance of NCT

Options
  • 24-11-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

NCT in a few days - don't believe in a pre-nct service so plan to send the car in and if it fails then I'll go to my mechanic to sort out the offending items.
    That said, is there anything I should do to improve my chances?! I have:

- checked tyre pressure
    - topped up coolant and windscreen washer level
    - checked oil level
    - emptied boot
    - checked seatbelts which are visible
    - no need to remove hubcaps (car has alloys)
    - checked all lights (to see if they work but I don't know how to check headlight alignment so I'll trust that it's ok).

Anything to add to that list?

The car is reasonably clean - do I really need to wash it?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Get it an underside wash. Its easier for the guy to see the underside of your car unless you have something that dirt should be hiding like a loose exhaust.
    - checked seatbelts which are visible

I understand you might have invisible seatbelts. Were these an added extra? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Take it for an Italian Tune Up before hand, i.e. drive the ****e out of it for abour 30 minutes to get everything good and hot and burn off any carbon deposits.

Advertisement