Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom- broadband and phone am I paying for line rental twice? +?

Options
  • 24-11-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hello all, your knowledge/ experience would be greatly appreciated.

Back in February 2008 I had a visit from an Eircom Bring back business guy. It seems a good idea at the time as BT had spent the previous 14 months or sotelling me Eircom were working on the problem. Eircom upgraded the lines in Wexford November 2006 and banjaxed my broadband and land line service. BBB guy said as an Eircom customer they'd fix the problem in no time. Daily/ weekly phone calls, two techs on site- its along story, I have a few questions

I was sold Eircom broadband home plus - 2Mbps downstream and 256 kbps upstream and Talktime for business €35.65 [150mins free inc Line rental, since the broadband, upgraded to Eircom Broadband Business lite

1. Am I currently paying for line rental ? twice!

2. One eircom technician went to the exchange to switch me to another line is this and replacing the node the same thing?

3. If I cancel the Talktime for business will I still be able to get the broadband business lite plus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shrtdrk

Well! from past experience if there isn't a reply in an hour there ain't gon'na be one. No one out side Eircom can or will answer that one. Night all

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How can anyone answer your question without details of the actual amounts you are being charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

shrtdrk wrote: »
    Hello all, your knowledge/ experience would be greatly appreciated.

Back in February 2008 I had a visit from an Eircom Bring back business guy. It seems a good idea at the time as BT had spent the previous 14 months or sotelling me Eircom were working on the problem. Eircom upgraded the lines in Wexford November 2006 and banjaxed my broadband and land line service. BBB guy said as an Eircom customer they'd fix the problem in no time. Daily/ weekly phone calls, two techs on site- its along story, I have a few questions

I was sold Eircom broadband home plus - 2Mbps downstream and 256 kbps upstream and Talktime for business €35.65 [150mins free inc Line rental, since the broadband, upgraded to Eircom Broadband Business lite

1. Am I currently paying for line rental ? twice!

2. One eircom technician went to the exchange to switch me to another line is this and replacing the node the same thing?

3. If I cancel the Talktime for business will I still be able to get the broadband business lite plus?

You've confused me a bit, you cant have broadband home plus and talktime for busniess on the same account, as home plus is for residential and talktime for busniess is for business. If you are a busniess you cant bundle your line rental, calls and BB all in one, The talktime package you are on starts at 150 min, depending on how much you use it, it could go up to the next level next month if you go over the 150 mins, starting off it is €27.99 (ex VAT) a month for the 150 mins, including your line rental, the 3mb BB you are on (there isnt a 2mb anymore) would cost you around €25.00 (Ex VAT) a month so youd be looking at €52.99 a month (Ex VAT) for all three, not including all other calls that you might make. If you have one on line, then you will only pay line rental for one line.

Randi wrote: »
    You've confused me a bit, you cant have broadband home plus and talktime for busniess on the same account, as home plus is for residential and talktime for busniess is for business. If you are a busniess you cant bundle your line rental, calls and BB all in one, The talktime package you are on starts at 150 min, depending on how much you use it, it could go up to the next level next month if you go over the 150 mins, starting off it is €27.99 (ex VAT) a month for the 150 mins, including your line rental, the 3mb BB you are on (there isnt a 2mb anymore) would cost you around €25.00 (Ex VAT) a month so youd be looking at €52.99 a month (Ex VAT) for all three, not including all other calls that you might make. If you have one on line, then you will only pay line rental for one line.

ericom sales guy sold me Eircom broadband home plus €24.79+vat - 2Mbps downstream and 256 kbps upstream and Talktime for business €35.65+vat [150mins free inc Line rental (I use between (30 and 50 mins a month)] this is what I was sold in february. the Broadband has since been changed by eircom to Eircom Broadband Business lite [3Mbps download/ 384kbps upload] €24.79 + vat.

The phone line has been disconnected but I still have the broadband (at better speeds than before oddly?) so if I can't have broadband with oiut a line whats the story have I been paying line rental twice. I know it's included in the Talk time but I can't find one way or the other for the Broadband. Is DSL different?

thanks Randi

the home plus and business talktime has caused confusion in eircom too when pursuing customer support at times the tech would say we don't deal with that its home customer support you need or visa versa

• Advertisement

I was only paying lonerental once it is included in the Talktime package

In conclusion:
    The Talktime for business €35.65+vat [150mins free inc Line rental]
    :)
    Eircom Broadband Business lite [3Mbps download/ 384kbps upload] €24.79 + vat.and does not include line rental.
    :(
    In order to have Eircom broadband Business lite you must have line rental @ €20.69 + Eircom Broadband Business lite [3Mbps download/ 384kbps upload] €24.79 + vat.
    :D
    Now where would I go to find out if switching a phone to another line and replacing the node the same thing?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

shrtdrk wrote: »
    thanks Randi

the home plus and business talktime has caused confusion in eircom too when pursuing customer support at times the tech would say we don't deal with that its home customer support you need or visa versa

The only thing I can think of is when you signed up you were on talktime for business on a business account, and then changed to res but the package stayed on your account. Not sure how you got BB without the line, once the line is d/c then the bb should be too. You might be picking up on someone elses signal if your using it wirelessly.
    If not, and you havent got a bill, I wouldnt say anything to them lol..

I switched back to eircom from BT so I had a that landline. I can't remember if my account was residential or business or whether it mattered when I was with BT. When I first rented a phone line from eircom, fado fado (1997ish) it was a business line (two months line rental was less than we pay for one month today). that might account for the home and business mix? It's all business now.:)

As for how many other users are sharing my line, let's not go there.:o

Advertisement