Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing 3 Mobile Broadband on Vista laptop with an XP desktop

Options
  • 24-11-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi, currently trying to share my 3 mobile broadband connection on my vista laptop with my xp desktop.

I've got a network cable going from the laptop to the desktop and have set up the basic network ok i.e. I can see shared files and folders on both machines. Windows media centre works fine too.

I've got the 3 mobile broadband connection shared. It all works fine for xbox live when I have the 360 hooked up to the laptop, it can see the internet no problems. Windows media centre works fine here too.

But the XP desktop won't see the internet. I only have the one thing (xbox or xp desktop) connected to the laptop at any one time.

Any comments, pointers? Its probly a simple setting buried somewhere, but I've been at it now for a bit with no joy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

p.s.

just booted the desktop into ubuntu and this works fine too... what's up with XP?:rolleyes:

Advertisement