Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Broadband

Options
  • 24-11-2008 5:51pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Has only else had problems trying to cancel UTV Talk broadband.

I was told in August, i owed them nothing.

Then i got a call in September to say, i owed them €6.00, i agrued this with them and they told me they would waive it

I now got a bill saying that i owe them €16.00, i have spent the last week trying to get through to them, finally got through to them today and they told that that if i dont pay the €16.00, they are sending my bill to the debt collectors?

what should i do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

Has only else had problems trying to cancel UTV Talk broadband.

I was told in August, i owed them nothing.

Then i got a call in September to say, i owed them €6.00, i agrued this with them and they told me they would waive it

I now got a bill saying that i owe them €16.00, i have spent the last week trying to get through to them, finally got through to them today and they told that that if i dont pay the €16.00, they are sending my bill to the debt collectors?

what should i do?

where are they saying the 16 euro has come from? have they told you
    what the charges are for?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

where are they saying the 16 euro has come from? have they told you
    what the charges are for?

cancellation charges that they forgot about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

What are the charges for? Did you cancel in August - did you get confirmation of this?

Don't worry about debt collectors, they can only try scare you into paying.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Elessar wrote: »
    What are the charges for? Did you cancel in August - did you get confirmation of this?

Don't worry about debt collectors, they can only try scare you into paying.

i cancelled in August and these charges only appeared this month. i had to give them a months notice which brought it up to september.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I am with UTV and i thought they had the best deal. Did you find a better one that made you cancel?

• Advertisement
Advertisement