Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where has best selection of DVDs in Wfd?

• 24-11-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Where has the best selection of new DVDs in the city? I am looking for a new release DVD of a fairly popular TV series for a birthday present for this weekend and have tried everywhere I can think of, to no avail. Most places can order it, it just won't arrive in time for the weekend, so I need somewhere that would have it in stock. (I can get it online all right but same problem, no guarantee of delivery by the weekend.) Any help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tried XtraVision? I think you can order next day delivery online if thats any use. More expensive tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I'd say Gamestop or maybe BPM (can be dodgy though) maybe Golden Discs.

Gamestop and Golden Discs usually have the more recent stock in.

Is a trip to cork or kilkenny out of the question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

If you want, PM me what your looking for and I'll see if I can hunt one down in work for you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Thanks guys.
    Sully yes I tried Xtravision, they can order it but won't be in in time. (I checked their website, don't seem to see any online ordering facility?)
    Also tried Golden Discs and BPM, same story.
    Where is Gamestop in Wfd?? Haven't tried them yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

PetraMac wrote: »
    Thanks guys.
    Sully yes I tried Xtravision, they can order it but won't be in in time. (I checked their website, don't seem to see any online ordering facility?)
    Also tried Golden Discs and BPM, same story.
    Where is Gamestop in Wfd?? Haven't tried them yet.

I meant the likes of HMV or Zavvi for online ordering. You could also try Tesco, sometimes has a good selection. Gamestop is located both up and downstairs in City Square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If there's one shop the city needs, it's HMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Mickdots

www.play.com

or any other site that sells dvds, there the best and the cheapest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

If you tried all them best option is the short drive to KK and go to the zavvi there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

if your really stuck, i am driving to cork on sunday evening to collect someone in the airport so im gonna go to the mahon point shopping centre for an hour or so, i will collect it there for you if you need, pm me if you want my mobile no.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

zavvi in Kilkenny seems to have a decent selection of DVD's, boxsets etc, don't buy any myself but its better then I've seen in alot of other places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PetraMac

Daftdave, thanks a mill for the offer. I am looking into one last option locally, otherwise I will go to KK to get it from Zavvi as a few people here have suggested (I phoned them and they have it in stock), so as to make sure to have it for Saturday.
    We _so_ need a decent shop for DVDs etc. in Wfd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

yeah seriously we need a petition or something. Its a disgrace we dont have a hmv or zavvi.

Advertisement